“A very pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Lott's Restaurant
640 N. 4th, Montpelier, ID
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a family-owned eatery in the town of Montpelier, Idaho. Wonderful food and service.
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“A very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

When we travel, we prefer finding places that are favorites with the locals. We enjoy trying local dishes, and we believe the locals know best where the good places are. While looking for place to eat in Montpelier, we noticed several vehicle at Lott's, so we stopped. My wife and I each had a turkey avocado sandwich and a bowl of Cowboy Stew. The flavor of the stew was exceptional. It contained large chucks of potatoes, carrots, green beans and hamburg. The sandwiches were very good, but they were huge. I had to help my wife with hers.

94% Recommend
Rio Vista, California
“Dinner and a funny book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I tried the soup and salad bar also the swiss hamburger with tater tots good all of it They have various small books on the table maybe by a local writer The are very funny and keep you
occupied while waiting on the food

Visited July 2012
“Good place to tap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I got the Lott's burger and found myself quickly on cloud 9. Ham and bacon combo is capable of killing a man. The tots on the side were a fancy and pleasurable addition to my meal. If you're anywhere near Montpelier you won't find much else so you might as well hit this up. Tell them Georgia sent ya!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney,
“Great food, great service, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stumbled onto this cafe as it was the only place in Montpelier open (other than the place that had a sign 'Pizza' and when I went in the lady said "we don't make pizza but I can do you a sandwich"!....??????). What a great find! The food (I had a steak) was excellent, some of the best food in 5 weeks travel in Canada and the US. The salad bar was very nice and they encouraged us to go back whenever AND kept our drinks filled (no charge!). The young lady who served us was absolutely delightful and we tipped her big time for her service and wonderful attitude. Fantastic!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, AZ
“Recommendations were right - food was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Service was quick, atmosphere was pleasant and the food was good. Simple home cooking and a delicious salad bar. Great food while you're on the road or taking a break from trout and mountain berries!

Visited July 2011