“Loved Our Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kennewick
“Loved Our Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for a one week vacation in a 2-bedroom suite, and it was perfect. With 2 teen-age boys, the extra space was soooo appreciated! The hotel had everything we needed, and more. The location is great -- just off the freeway, near Roaring Springs, and very close to dining and shopping. The beds were really comfortable, the kitchen was fully stocked, and it was great having 3 different TV's! The check in process was flawless... the staff was so friendly and helpful, and they were very accomodating when we always seemed to need extra towels and shampoo. :-) The price was so much better than other hotels we looked at, and with having the kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, etc.) we were able to trim down the food budget. The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast -- waffles, cereal, various breads, etc., but it was all fresh and tasty. The A/C worked so well, it was almost too good! LOL!! Very welcomed in 114 degree heat, though. What impressed us most though, was the soundproof walls! We had a family with 2 toddlers in the next room that we could hear crying pretty loudly when we were in the hallway, but when we were in our room we literally couldn't hear any outside noise at all! We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: We were in foom 2108. It's a corner room, very quiet, close to the pool, and we always had sigh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Sounds like you guys had a great trip! I am glad we were able to be part of it.. I appreciate the feeback and we look forward to having you stay with us again :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sammamish
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We really enjoyed the size and comfort of our room. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite that gave our family the space we needed to enjoy our extended weekend! The hotel is located in a central location to easily get to the water park, Eagle, Boise, and many good spots to eat and shop!
The ONLY thing that was bothersome was that we had a lot of noise coming from the room above us. It sounded like they were teaching a high impact aerobics class up there at all times of the day and evening. When we informed the front desk they were helpful and went to see what they could do. After they visited the upstairs the noise stopped....for a while.
We will return to this hotel when we visit the area again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you and I'm glad our hotel was able to meet you needs for the trip. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the room key discounts at the surrounding restaurants as well. Also, I'm happy to hear our staff was able to help limit the noise, although it started back up. I love the description "High impact aerobics class". I’ve been working in hotels for a long time and have yet to hear that description for noise, next time you come to our hotel let us know you would like a top floor room and we will be able to limit any possible noise.

-Sterling Crawford
schoonmeister
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Room was clean and good size. Didn't need the kitchenette area but would have been handy if needed. Had a fridge as well. Front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK--nothing special--the typical hotel breakfast with cereal, coffee, muffins, and waffles. Location was good. Rooms had AC which was needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback :) I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and I hope the next time you stay with us you get to use our kitchenettes. Our guests often get creative with breakfast and dinner and cook up some wonderful meals.
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my third time staying in a TownePlace Suites brand Marriott, and I've yet to be disappointed. My check-in experience was great! The clerk at the front desk made me feel welcome, and she later chased me down when she saw me with my luggage coming in a door that was less convenient for me than another door would have been. It was nice having someone pay that close of attention to my needs.

I stayed in a king suite. The room was great. Large and comfortable. There was a closet the opened on both the kitchen and bathroom sides, which was kind of convenient. It might have bugged me a bit had I been sharing the room with someone else (for privacy reasons). Even though my room was right next to the elevator, I heard zero elevator noise of any kind at any time. I was also on the freeway side of the building yet didn't notice any traffic noise at all. One thing that was a bit odd was that the trim on the interior bathroom doors didn't go all the way to the floor. It was an unusual lapse for a Marriott property, and I wondered whether leaving it as is was a construction decision to not waste materials or time the hotel was built. Breakfast was the standard waffles, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Nothing fancy or impressive, but adequate. The woman who was working in the breakfast room was just-right friendly. She went out of her way to be helpful to me, which I greatly appreciated.

Very clean, easy access to food and the freeway, and nice staff members. Would stay here again any time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I absolutely love hearing feedback from our guest and your response sums up a lot of what makes us unique. Our staff here is beyond fantastic and I feel we are a big family who truly enjoy what they do. Not just our front desk staff but all of us! I hear compliments regarding the housekeeping staff, maintenance and breakfast crew on a daily basis, and our staff gets recognized for their hard work. I appreciate you taking the time to write out your experience with us and point out some of the key features that made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.

-Sterling Crawford
Moscow, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was good, clean, nice sized room, decent breakfast. However every night I was there, there was a huge group of guys that wouls stand out in front of the main door smoking, drinking (they even had coolers!!!) and being loud until all hours of the night. It did not make for a very warming or restful night.

Usually have good luck at any Marriott chain, but I am not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello RoamingVandal,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am pleased to hear our hotel met your expectations when it came to our rooms and amenities. I do apologize though about the guest you had mentioned. We try very hard to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and personally, I do not enjoy walking through cigarette smoke or being kept up at night. I want to make sure you enjoy your time while staying with us so next time you come to the valley, please feel free to contact me directly and I'd be happy to extend a complimentary upgrade and ensure you don’t get a room near any entrance. My name is Sterling Crawford.
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had the two bedroom suite for an unreal nightly rate and couldn't have been more pleased. No arguing over temperature (separate controls in both bedrooms and sitting area), three TVs and a fully equipped mini kitchen (even a small range w/oven). Very happy with the staff, cleanliness and comfort at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind response. We are very happy to hear your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed our home away from home amenities. We look forward to your next visit 
idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed on points at this property and were so surprised. Its beautiful, clean and very well maintained. It has easy access from the freeway. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was roomy, if we had our family of 4 there would have been plenty of room for us to not get in each others way. The fridge was handy, the location of the room was perfect, near and exit and we could see our car in the parking lot. The shower is tall, which is nice, my husband is 6'5 and the water was hot. My husband said that breakfast was nice for a continental and the staff very friendly. We are coming back in a few weeks, again on points and have req'd the same room. The front desk staff was so nice and professional, we observed them interacting with others as well and were impressed. There is a lovely hot tub and pool that looked inviting although we didn't use them. Our only complaint and its not a real complaint, just an observation.... we hung our towels haphazardly since we wanted to use them again, and the housekeeping did make them "neat" also we had used the hairdryer and iron and then left quickly, we thought they would have put them away... These are not complaints, just observations. As I stated above, we are coming back in two weeks. We have our choice of Marrotts and Hiltons for points and this is our property of choice in the Boise area.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite and it was amazing
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the kind response. Our main goal is to provide a home away from home and it sounds like you experienced just that. I know you are coming back in a few weeks and I'd be happy to accomdate your upgrade request, as long as we have it available. If you'd like, I can even try to get you in the same room that you had last time. Feel free to contact me directly and we can put together another wonderful stay :)

-Sterling

Been to TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian? Share your experiences!