“Create Your Own Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Boise, ID
“Create Your Own Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop by the Village in Meridian to checkout the food at the new pizza place and was pleasantly surprised. You have the option to choose your own sauce and topping which I love. Grimaldi's serves New York style pizza which is thin and crispy. There is a fine line between having the ingredients heated all the way through and burning the crust. Grimaldi's pizza was cooked to perfection! My husband and I shared a small pizza and took leftovers home. These heated up fine when done in the oven. Grimaldi's serves pizza, calzones, and salads... The restaurant is clean and cheery with a friendly waitstaff. We will definitely be going back.

Visited August 2014

Boise ID
“Excellent thin crust pizza- A perfect pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been to Grimaldis in Vegas and now have one in my home town. Consistently great pizza here. My favorite is the pesto based pizzas.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meridian, Idaho
“Brand new and it's great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Grimaldi's opened their first Idaho location on Monday in the Villages at Meridian, and it is definitely a welcome addition! We sat on the patio, which was well shaded in the evening sun. Our server, Elizabeth, seemed a bit nervous but took our drink orders quickly. The menu is pretty straightforward: there are a few salad options, a few calzones and a variety of pizzas. (There are more wine and beer options than food!) I ordered a personal size (12") cheese pizza with red sauce. The rest of my group ordered 2 white pizzas with garlic, plus some chicken and bacon. Note: the white pizzas with garlic do not have sauce...they're more of a cheesebread. There is a pesto pizza available with white sauce. Our pizzas were delivered as soon as they came out of the oven. The coal brick oven leaves the crust with a unique flavor that I really enjoyed. Even though this is NY style pizza, it had a crunchy crust. No need to fold your pizza in half! The red sauce had a nice flavor, and the handmade mozzarella was delicious. To give you an idea on price, my cheese pizza was $9. It seems to be about $2-5 for each topping, depending what you select. My friends had the strawberry cheesecake and the blueberry cobbler cheesecake, and liked them both. The blueberry cheesecake has a granola topping on it, which was different....I think we were expecting more of a graham cracker topping.

The only thing negative that I have to say is that over the course of our meal, we were helped by at least 6 people. It's nice that we received our food promptly from various servers, but I hesitated to ask for refills and items from these servers since they weren't "our" server. We only saw her when we initially ordered and again at the end of the meal when she brought the checks. I hope she shared her tip with the others who helped out! Another server, Nicole, chatted with us and took care of us more than our assigned server. I think I'd ask to sit in her section since she was so personable and helpful!

All in all, it's a great new option at the Villages. Definitely the best NY style pizza in the Boise area! I'll definitely be visiting again soon.

• Visited July 2014