“Great Courtyard, Awesome Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meridian
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
“Great Courtyard, Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is by far in my top five Courtyard Marriott's I have stayed in throughout the US. The rooms are newly updated and are very comfortable. One of the quietest heat/ac system you will find in a hotel.

Staff was also very helpful. Was looking for good spots to eat & drink and they listened to what I was looking for and gave two solid recommendations.

Location is easy access of the highway, closer to the airport and easy commute to business I was attending.

Green Features: They actually don't take your towels if you hang them on the racks like the green initiative states.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on providing a relaxing, enjoyable experience for all our guests. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for two nights while in the Boise area on business recently. Rooms were spacious. Staff was fine. Location was good as well. Nice, quiet area and several restaurants within a mile or so. Highly recommend this for any business traveler.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hello,
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us recently. We work very hard to make this a great location for business travelers such as yourself. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Cortes Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Courtyard in Meridian is a very central and nice place to stay. We stayed here for 5 nights while purchasing a local boat.

The hotel is very nice and clean and the rooms are great. We had a king size bed with a sitting area.

The hotel staff is super friendly and helped faxing several documents for us at no charge :)

We had some food in the hotel and it was OK. Lots of restaurants close by. If you want fantastic Italian food, go to Gino's Italian Restorante, it is little bit of a drive but worth every penny.

Plenty of outside parking at the hotel and wifi worked good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Have fun with your new boat and please come back and visit us again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After much research on tripadvisor we chose this hotel. I'm glad we did. We were visiting our daughter and our grandchildren in Nampa and this was a 15 minute ride to her house. It is a beautiful property. We didn't spend much time at the hotel, but when we were there the staff were a delight, pleasant, and accommodating. Giles runs the breakfast shift like a pro. Very attentive even when busy. Yes, there is an extra fee but if you book online directly with Marriott you can get a 50% discount for the incredible buffet and it works out to $5 a person. Much better for eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, oatmeal, fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, juices, etc., than McDonalds. The king bed was not quite king but we did have a fridge and microwave. If you can get the two queens with the same, I would suggest that. Courtyard Meridian will have our business for all future visits with our daughter and grandchildren. In addition, they have an indoor pool which the grandkids loved.

Room Tip: Choose two queen beds if they have a microwave and fridge. The king bed is not quite king and a smal...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback- we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Greenwood, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Good location off of I84. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. I agree with other reviewer's comments about the TV mount. You can't see the TV on one side of the bed. Wifi was easy to access and had decent speed. The breakfast buffet, while not complimentary, was fresh and affordable.

I was given my room key and was surprised that someone was already occupying the same room. I'm sure it was a shock to them as well. The front desk apologized and quickly corrected the error.

If you plan on sleeping in or trying to, request a room away for the main road. It is gets loud early.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience during your check-in at our hotel. I am, however, happy to hear that you enjoyed the locaton and breakfast. We will certainly use the information you shared to help us improve our service- we hope to see you again very soon!
Pocatello, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I tried to break this one down and really can't say a lot about why "not" to stay here. I loved the lobby with a restaurant ($16.99 prime rib special) and a connecting lounge. A duel sided fireplace and a modern look and feel that begs you to sneak a peak of the waterfall in the courtyard! The staff was friendly and accommodating. We switched rooms from an online booking of a King to two queens upon check-in and they had no problem doing that for us. (I would have been surprised had they had a problem, unless they are full). I felt the room was overall clean, just a little dust and a heater that worked, but is odd to adjust the temp....except we have the same type of thermostat at home, so it made total sense. I could see how that could/would be confusing. The room was nicely lit and very well decorated and organized. Very pleased! The TV, when turned on, popped up to a typical hotel welcome screen with option for movies etc. I could not find how to just watch TV, until I noticed you have to scroll to a second screen. Nothing bad, just hmm, different. My worst complaint about the room was the bed. It was older and not comfortable. But, it is a hotel and it worked right! We had a very, ....odd experience for dinner in the restaurant. In the room, they have a menu and info on the restaurant. Obviously placed to entice customers to stay and eat there. They also were promoting the lounge and a "special martini menu" was available, so just ask! So, I bit and we chose to eat there. What happened there was not good, but I am not going to review on it as I don't think it was the hotels fault. One point is, there is no "martini menu", yup I asked! So, get that out of your head. Beyond that, the food was really good and despite the poor service, we had time to visit and didn't mind the pace. If you're in a hurry, you might consider other options. However, I do think our experience was unique and not necessarily a reflection on everyone's experience. As usual, there is a lot of competition in this area for hotels. I actually price-lined this hotel and so I'm very happy as we did save some money. I am still baffled with the a la carte breakfast for a fee deal. I think all Marriot's have gone to this. Maybe it is a trend and you will see it more frequently. We did not eat breakfast there. Time will tell if other chains pick up on it or not! Overall, great hotel, friendly service and a super option for the area!

Room Tip: Price-line for a better deal. If you get it, you will be very happy as we were!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alan T, Manager at Courtyard Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your feedback. We will certainly use the information you provided to improve our services. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would come back. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Pretty clean but the night stand had a ring on it and the shower wasnt nearly as clean as it could have been... Towels were clean, bed was clean. I am not a fan of how they mounted their tvs on the desk. You cant see the entire screen if you are on one side of the bed. Weird...

I like this hotel but the restaurant is horrible... Gross gross food. Dont eat there. I cannot remember what i got but it was greasy and gross.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your reivew. We appreciate the feedback and wil certainly use it to improve our service. I am glad to hear that you found the room and location met your needs. I was, however, sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in the restaurant. We certainly hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit the Boise area.

Been to Courtyard Boise West/Meridian? Share your experiences!