So I booked this hotel for four nights during the week. At about $80 a night, seemed like a good idea.
Checked in, dropped my bags, went to work (business trip). When I got back to the room later, it seemed like it was very nice. Clean, nice amenities (free laundry, hot tub, exercise room, breakfast), and close to where I'm working....
I finally am able to get to sleep.
2:50am comes around. I hear the BEEP from the door, a light goes on and some random hotel employee waltzes in, looks around, and then leaves.
WHAT THE?? I spring out of bed, run out into the hall in my underwear trying to find out what the hell happened, but the guy is gone. I call the front desk, and he asks me how long I'm staying... Well hell I told him, I paid IN ADVANCE for four full nights! He says "Oh uh, I apologize, my mistake"
What kind of hotel has ANY kind of room/cleaning service at 3am?! What kind of hotel barges into someone's room at that time???
Suffice to say, I HAVE to stay here because there's some kind of rodeo in town and all the other hotels are booked.... I would suggest to ANYONE thinking about staying here to THINK TWICE! If you happen to be a woman traveling alone, I shudder to think of what this guy might have done if he found you in your room all alone!!! I have the in-room fridge pulled out to block the door at night, and I carry all my belongings with me in the rental car because God only know what happens when they think you're gone for the day!
Fair warning!! If you have any questions about this experience, please let me know. I also reported this incident to the chains' head office; no response.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Meridian Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Meridian Hotel Meridian
- Candlewood Suites Meridian Idaho
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites in Meridian, Idaho offers affordable extended stay accommodations. The Candlewood Suites Boise-Meridian has easy access to I-84 and is located at the crossroads of the Treasure Valley. Our extended stay hotel is the perfect place to stay for business or leisure. Corporate guests will appreciate our location when they schedule meetings with nearby companies such as CITI, T-Mobile, Blackhawk, Micron, Hewlett-Packard and St. Lukes Hospital. While lodging in Boise, spend a day exploring Zoo Boise, Boise Art Museum, Discovery Center of Idaho and Idaho Shakespeare Festival. Enjoy a game at Boise State University, Qwest or Taco Bell Arena or attend a concert at the Idaho Center. While you re away from home, take advantage of all the benefits an extended stay hotel has to offer. Experience the conveniences of a fully equipped kitchen, kick back in our leather recliner and unwind; or if you prefer, you can do your laundry with our free washers and dryers, maintain your active lifestyle in our 24-hour gym, melt the day's stress away in our jetted Jacuzzi or watch a movie from the Lending Library. Grill your own steak at our Gazebo grill or shop in our Candlewood Cupboard. With 670 square feet of meeting space, we are the perfect location for your small meeting. Reward yourself with our frequent stay program, Priority Club. We invite you to consider us home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Candlewood Suites Meridian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.