“Best Service and Great Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Eagle, ID
“Best Service and Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Everytime we dine at Epi's it is always a wonderful experience. The food is always FRESH and there is always some wonderful side dish that is unique. There bread is fresh the clam chowder "out of this world" and my favorite most definitely is the rib eye although, my family loves the halibut! HIGHLY recommend Epi's!!! If you have a special occasion, they make it even that much better for you!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

portland
“No way to understand why so many like Epi's. We were sorry we listened to them.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I am baffled by all the positive reviews. A one time chance to sample
the "best" of Boise wasted IMHO. Bread, the equivalent of French Wonder Bread. The special Red Bean soup, tasted like Pork and Beans from a can.
The entrees were good. Not great, good. The salad pleasant. The
gateau basque cake like a shortbread in a contest to see how much butter and sugar could be compacted into each square inch. Had the dinners been priced 40% lower, and the bread, soup, and dessert mercifully not served.......It would have been an "okay" experience.
I would never, ever send someone there for dinner.
The owners and waitstaff are the nicest people in the world and I feel a bit bad giving such a pan review.....but they're making plenty of money, and I wish someone, just one someone had warned me against having my one dinner in Boise here. So I am hopefully doing that very thing for whoever is reading this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Amazing Food, Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

A wonderful delight in the town of Meridian, EXTREMELY friendly service and amazing food.
Only open for dinner after 5, and does not open on sundays.
Price is about 30-40 a person depend on what you are getting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Logan, UT
“Delighted and amazed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

The staff at Epi's just presented what could have been a seminar on exactly how to treat restaurant patrons as if they were cherished friends and welcomed guests. We had never previously tried Basque food, and Epi's was well rated, so we tried it for the first time tonight. The food, from the wonderful freshly made mushroom soup to the bread to the best cod I've ever had to an incredible bread pudding -- the food was at the quality level of a 5-star restaurant. But no 5-star restaurant we've ever been to had Epi's level of congenial, friendly service. We felt like friends of the owners during the entire meal. We'll be looking for excuses to come back to Boise so we can return to Epi's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Meridian, Idaho
“Epi's is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Epi's offers the best, friendliest customer service you could ask for. Even on your first visit they treat you like you're an old family friend they've known for years. Very personable and caring. The food is delicious. It is pricey for my budget but we save up to go there a couple times a year its so good. Its worth it! Reservations required, it is a smaller restaurant. I would not recommend taking small children unless they are a lot more patient than mine. We leave ours at home so we can enjoy a leisurely good time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere