“Best Barbecue in Boise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“Best Barbecue in Boise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Yes, people get passionate about barbecue (or barbeque, or bar-b-que - even how to spell it brings out a variety of opinions), but Goodwood is a barbecue restaurant that will please just about everyone. The service is great, the food is reasonably priced and I've never left there dissatisfied with what was served. Kevin's the manager and he does a great job of making sure everything goes right. It's good food without being fussy or fancy. Also great for take-out, or for catering a party.

Visited October 2012

87% Recommend
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice restaurant, great service, average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped into the Goodwood on a weekday night to try their BBQ. The restaurant is very nice and was moderatly busy. Our server was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We found the food to be good but not great thus the Average rating. The ribs were a bit chewy and not the fall off the bone that we were looking for. They have a nice variety of BBQ sauces on the table and we found all of them to be good. The hot/spicy sauce was the best. It is a nice and pleasant place so we will return and give it another try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Really Good BBQ and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was my first visit to this restaurant, although my partner had been there before. It reminded me of some of the steakhouses that used to allow you to throw your peanut shells on the floor (which Goodwood's doesn't feature), and it had a great family atmosphere. The BBQ was well prepared: smoky, moist, and savory. They have a couple of sauces at tableside, and I liked the spicy one best.

Service was extremely friendly and prompt. They're known for their mashed potatoes, but I found them so salty I couldn't enjoy them. Too bad: otherwise I'd give them 5 stars. However, their baked beans were excellent. I definately will go back the next time I'm in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln City, Oregon
“GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our very first visit to the location in Boise was wonderful. The service was absolutely perfect,
as was the food that we ordered. Amazingly, the prices are very reasonable making for a great value. We would highly recommend this restaurant, and only wish that were locations in Oregon where we live. Thank you Goodwood!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
meridian
“Yummy food, awesome atmosphere, we will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of moving hay .. We were famished! We brushed off the hay and dust. My husband who did most of the work took a quick shower. I had mentioned something earlier about maybe we could go to Goodwood... We had been there once before and loved it. So slightly concerned that maybe our first time there was a fluke; we went again. It was as good as the first time there. Wonderful food excellent choices and outstanding service .. I have quite a few food allergies which at times makes dining out difficult for my dinner partners and myself .. The waitress was excellent at putting us at ease and making sure we had a pleasant and safe dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food