“I Always eat there when in the Boise area” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Woodland WA
“I Always eat there when in the Boise area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I grew up in South Idaho and go back often to visit friends and family. Louie's is a must-do when I take my hosts out to dinner. I've never been disappointed with the salads or the pasta dishes. It is easy to find right off Fairview Ave. and they have plenty of parking. In the summer I like to eat out on the patio. The price seems very reasonable given the good quality of the food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Boise, Idaho
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped in Louie’s for dinner on a Friday evening; although they were busy we were greeted and seated right away! Our server Zach R, was quick to bring us water and ask for drinks while we looked over the menu. I had the Sirloin Salad and the steak could stand alone! Not a below average cut or quality, well worth the cost, which was $10.25 for a larger dinner salad! My husband had the Bistecca alla Griglia, it is a very large dish so have a health appetite if you order this! The bead of potatoes was very tasty, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! We also ordered deserts; Tiramisu great custard part but the lady fingers were a bit dry for my liking and the Spumoni was very flavorful and a great representation of the old Italian classic. They only offer bowls of soup, my husband wanted a cup of Minestrone and our waiter forgot but brought it right after delivering our meal, but a bowl was too much with the other food, on the flip side, we were not charged for it although it was sampled but not really eaten. We would go again because the food and service were both good!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“Great food and service....ALWAYS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have eaten at Louie's since they were in Ketchum30 years ago! They are a great family owned and operated business...you will see them in serving, helping and managing all day long. The food is quite varied and is always an 8 to a 10. The Pizza is almost always a 9.5-10! I would difficult to go wrong if you want a vey good meal. Some booths and tables are more private and you can ask for them. If you have a group of 12 or so you can even get the special small room with a reservation (I think).
Don't be distracted by the poor reviews, there will always be someone unhappy in my opinion and perhaps they did have a bad experience....they can't be perfect all the time.
If you truly want great pizza and fantastic Italian food on a consistent basis....take yourself, your family and friends to Louie's.
There is a good reason why they are always busy and yet calm and collected :)
PS: You can check my other reviews and see that I seldom give this high of a recommendation.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cant even get what you pay $ for.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about this restaurant was we had a fast server who was very funny. The seafood tasted like it came straight from a freezer, the dishes were tacky and scratched everyehere, the booth was filthy. we heard a manager yelling at the girls up front to make themselves useful and then she went on laughing and telling her own story while not being productive. Some might call this a relaxed atmosphere but after being in just two times I can tell this place is being run poorly for all of the hype it seems to get. I will not be back nor would I recommend eating there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Meridian, Idaho, United States
“They made our event spectacular!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We held a birthday party dinner here and between the fabulous food and the incredible service, I won't consider going elsewhere the next time I plan an event. Reservations and menu creation was easy and straightforward -- Lou & Krista did an awesome job making sure the food fit our needs. Our server was spot-on with keeping drinks full, clearing plates and even sang to our group! What an unforgettable evening!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere