“Best room for your money” 5 of 5 stars

You added Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1575 South Meridian Road, Meridian, ID 83642   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Meridian
“Best room for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've visited Meridian, Idaho several times over the past 10 years, and stayed in a few different hotels there. My favorite has always been the mr. Sandman. The accomodations are clean and nice. You get an excellent continental breakfast every morning and you really can't beat the price! We plan to stay there whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Veneta, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

While the rooms are acceptable for the cost (did have some trash and stained sheets) I will never stay here again. They would not honor a gift certificate that was donated by them to my chidren's school auction. I had drove 9 hours just to use the gift certain for a mini vacation. They said the gift cert expired even though there was clearly no expiration date and I bought it two months before I tried to use it. The acting manager and general manager both were rude about it and placed the blame all on the school and myself. Horrible service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The pool was beautiful, but dirty. A layer of scum was floating on top. Needless to say, this didn't stop my kids who were sick of being in the car on a 90-degree day. We picked this hotel because it had an outdoor pool, and that was a very great feature.

Good breakfast, much more variety than most hotel free breakfasts. Lots of hot options, along with the usual waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal and juice.

The room carpet and linens could definitely use replacing.

Overall, it was a fine spot to spend the night halfway through our road trip. The price was right. But there are a lot of options in this area, and I think next time we'll try something else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel had the best bed and temperature control in the room that we have experienced in years. As close as it is to the freeway, there was no road noise. It is close to a Restaurant JP's which had excellent food and portions at reasonable prices. There also sidewalks in the area so I could take my daily walk. The housecleaning was very good. The contential breakfast was fine too and the menu changed daily.

Room Tip: The first floor close to the lobby was GREAT
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pocatello, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I've been coming to Meridian for several years to visit my Sister, and I generally end up staying at the Sandman. There are several things that I like - they have smoking rooms available, the rooms are clean, and in this day and age of bedbugs, they are NOT near the airport. Lets face it, it's not the newest motel/hotel in the Boise/Meridian area and you can see it's age, but for me it adds a sense of comfort in that it's not the sterile atmosphere of a brand new, fancy motel. There is a small pool and hot tub, although I have never used either. The showers (at least at the annex building) are unique in that they're semi-circular. There is plenty of hot water and the shower head puts out a generous stream of water - NOT the ecologically compliant mist that you can stand in for 10 minutes and still not feel like you're getting wet.

Overall, if you're looking for a place that has reasonable rates where you can spend a few hours sleeping, the Sandman is a god place to go.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I made reservations several weeks before our trip. I set out to make them online because of the screamin deal i would get. I called the hotel to ask a question before reserving and after answering my question, the friendly woman helping me offered to make the reservation for me and also ended up saving me a few more dollars. Score! When we showed up they were extremely full but we were hoping for an additional room to surprise my son and his wife with and they offered a smoking room as their last one with a queen bed. We checked it out and it was really too smoky smelling to use. When i mentioned this to the desk, assuming that was the end of it , they offered to use some products and an ionizer to clear it out and freshen it up and also to change out the bedding. If we came back in an hour and it wasn't satisfactory, we could get our money back. Good deal! Plus, they gave us the same screamin good rate on the room! Within 5 minutes, the products were in place and the bedding was being changed. At that same time, the kids we were getting the room for told us they really didn't need the room. When I hung my head and told the desk we didn't need the room after all, they were very kind and told me that was O.K. and the charge would be canceled. I was really embarrassed but they assured me it was O.K. In addition, the hotel in general and our room were very clean and comfortable. Didn't even wake up with a backache like I usually do at a hotel. Nice bonus :) Would definitely stay again! Thank you John and Justin : )

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Easy to find, great location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Pool was too warm and very dirty - kids described it as dirty bathwater. Breakfast had great hours but with it's own issues - not a whole lot of sitting areas, great selections, but eggs tasted and looked like rubber, had to wait for replinishment of some items.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!