“As close to perfection as possible...” 5 of 5 stars

Shore Lodge
501 West Lake St, McCall, ID 83638 (Formerly Whitetail Club)   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in McCall
Boise, Idaho
“As close to perfection as possible...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a quick weekend getaway. It snowed and we were caught in between fall and winter. McCall winter activities had not started yet, but fall activities had closed. The concierge made many suggestions for around the resort and in town. We opted for an in town activity and found it as the concierge promised.

We tried the outdoor hot tub and found it quite relaxing. The pool was closed for remodeling, but we were told that well ahead of our stay.

The room was a lake view suite (3rd story). The view of the beginning of winter on the beautiful lake was astonishing! The room balconies are just wide enough to fit a couple of chairs. The decor in the room is nice. The bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The robes in the closet were heavenly. The bathroom had a marble floor and the shower was marble also. It was a little cold on bare feet, but that is to be expected.

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. This is a top notch facility. We WILL be staying again!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Short business trip to McCall Idaho, off season, had not stayed at the Shore Lodge in years, the property has transformed to a very nice, comfortable upscale hotel, I was surprised, at the quality of the refurb, at the quality of the service, at the quality of the food and food service, you can't beat the location on the shores of Payette Lake, the view and surroundings are top shelf. I only wish we had planned to stay longer, there will be a next time for sure.

Room Tip: beach front, patio, are very nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room we rented at Shore Lodge was beautiful -- a simple garden view suite. Slightly outdated with gold fixtures and flowery wallpaper, but it actually added to the charm of the place. The shower was amazing -- hot and great water pressure. Bed and other furnishings were comfortable enough -- maybe not over-the-top so, but I have no complaints.

But where this hotel goes WAY above and beyond is on the service! I travel a ton for work and pleasure and have stayed in some really lovely hotels (four- and five-star), but Shore Lodge is probably my favorite hotel of all time. It was just the little things that really made the difference.

The movie theater in the hotel was wonderful -- especially since there is no theater in the town of McCall. Called down to the front desk and was told that we could just show up at movie time (8 p.m.) and view the movie that someone had reserved for the night (I suppose if you make reservations early enough, you could be the lucky one to choose the evening film!). Once we settled into our seats, a very nice employee brought everyone free popcorn, soda, and candy bars to their seats! She was so friendly and outgoing that I wish I'd gotten her name so I could give her kudos for such great service.

When the movie was over, my friend and I wanted to watch another movie. Went to the front desk and they were able to provide us with a DVD player and three movies, which they delivered to our room and set up within ten minutes. I also wish I'd gotten the name of the young lady at the front desk (younger, long blonde hair) because she was so friendly and willing to help with my many questions and request. She never made it feel like I was inconveniencing her -- just always happy to help! A good smiling face to have at your front desk!

The next morning, my friend went into town. He realized we'd left a light on in the car and the battery went dead. He asked the valets and greeters out front if they had a way to jump start the car. Within minutes, they pulled a charge cart right out to the car and gave him a jump start.

Then, I ordered breakfast in bed (French toast). The food was delivered within 15 minutes and was delicious!

Our stay at Shore Lodge was so wonderful that we are considering booking for the entire week of Thanksgiving! Our one-night visit was simply not enough. Hopefully we will get a chance to try out the spa and restaurant on our next trip!

Room Tip: The lobby can be noisy in the evenings as it seems to also be a popular local gathering place. We di...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I spent 2 nights at ths wonderful resort property. Everything was perfect...the room, the linens, food, bar, helpful staff, the grounds. Their overall attention to the little details makes staying here the ultimate experience. The setting on the lake is like frosting on the cake. They even have a few pet friendly rooms!

Room Tip: A lakeside view is ultimate but a garden view is nice too
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First time to McCall. Stayed here at the recommendation of friends. Loved this place. You are RIGHT on the lake. Don't know I would stay here if I were not on the lakeside but we were on the 3rd floor with a great view. Service was fine, but I would agree with some other reviewers that the main dinning room food was good, but a little overpriced for what you got. The outdoor dining was great. Room was nicely appointed. I too would like to see them take down the top railing add on - it really blocks the view, but some knucklehead probably fell off the balcony so they had to add it. I have to say the BEST entertainment during the summer is to watch kids on the "water trampoline".
It is hysterical. Best view of it is on the West wing rooms, East wing rooms would be quieter but not nearly as entertaining.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in the executive sweet. You can definitely do anything you need in this suite. There is a bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen with large dining table, Huge bathing area, and balcony with great views. It was just my wife and I on this trip but we could having an business meeting here. The finish work in the room was beautiful. Room service was fast and accurate. It's well worth the price. The Lodge is right on the lake with it's own docks. There's also a pool, spa, fine dining, and lots of activities planned by the Lodge.

Room Tip: If you want to splurge stay in the executive suite. It's an apartment, not a room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are comfortable and the view is spectacular. This is such a great place to relax. I love the lounge chairs and the rocking chairs on the dock. My only complaint is the high prices in the retaurants. The food was good just really overpriced. I will certainly go back to the hotel, but I will eat someplace else.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!