“nice enough...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 S 3rd Street, McCall, ID 83638 (Formerly AmericInn Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in McCall
Redmond, Oregon
“nice enough...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am getting a bit jaded about BW Plus. The Plus seems to mean they can raise the rates because they have something 'extra" above the normal hotel. It is cheaper than options closer to town...granted. It has nice outside appearance...granted. It has the same cardboard breakfast options....granted.... oops ! GRIN. Anyway, this is a nice clean option for staying in this area. A clean and well kept hotel you wont remember anything about in two days.

Room Tip: all the rooms are set back from the highway... they would all be quiet..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
McCall, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

due to smoke and poor visibility from on going forest fire in the area, we weren't able to fly in.
we called hotel ask if we can cancel our room (9/21/12), person who receive call told me we have to call back on sunday when manager is there. so we follow up on sunday and monday
spoke with Manager (Iva). apparently, she doesn't care what customer's circumstance are.
"I got your credit card, we will charge it regardless" that was her attitude"
and ask me to file open complain to best western.... what for? if you are manager wouldn't cancel the room for this unsual circumstance, why should I bother open complain via BW.
Rather I wrote in here so other traveler wouldn't go to your place..

Room Tip: do not go to this place.. heard nothing to ear near.. stay Holiday inn express.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
yvonne7777, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing your opinions and concerns. We truly value your business and aplogize if there was any misunderstanding regarding your request to cancel. We are always happy to work with anyone in your situation. Per the Manager's correspondence with you, all we need is a simple documentation from your company validating that you were scheduled to fly into the local airport that evening and were denied landing access due to smoke that may have been in the area. We again apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to your correspondence so we may assist you in a timely resolution. Sincerely, Marsha Chatman Director of Operations
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very nice and high end Best Western. Very clean and very helpful staff. The room was spacious and the included breakfast was perfect. Sausage, eggs, waffles, juice and much more. The hotel is on the south end of town so it isn't a convenient walking distance to the downtown area.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the stairwell can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My girl friend booked this hotel in August for 3 day's over a weekend, when we got there the hotel looked ok, but later when we went to bed we both felt something was not right we both felt something bite us, at that time we got out of bed and looked at sheets there was red spots on the sheetsand what looked like dark bugs. I called the front desk and told them we had bed bugs. The girl at the front desk was rude and told me they did not have bed bugs. I told her they did and we were leaving. She offerd a new room. It was late so we moved to another room. The next day we left and went too another hotel. The customer service was pathetic and i would never stay there again. They never even said they were sorry or what can we do for you. Just denied they had them i said come look.But they would not just moved us. Buyer beware.

Room Tip: Get one with out BED BUGS
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
yvonne7777, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
In regard to your complaint concerning bed bugs, we do not have bed bugs and have never had bed bugs!!! We have no record of a complaint being made to the front desk during the month of August. If ever such a situation occurred, we would immediately call our Pest Control Company to evaluate and remedy the problem. Most importantly, our hotel is inspected monthly, by a professional Pest Control Company. This service provides a thorough inspection and prevention program. Also, our Housekeeping Staff has been trained to inspect all bedding each and every time the guest room is cleaned. I have left you an email and hope to hear back from you with the dates that you were here in August and also your first and last name for further communication if need be. Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and efficient front desk
Room was clean and spacious
Bed too soft but roomy with firm pillows
Breakfast very good, strong coffee, plenty food
Centrally located in town close to restaurants, shopping, gas stations, airport and sightseeing

• Stayed September 2012
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I come to McCall often to snowboard and downhill mountain bike at Brundage. We have two small children so we take turns watching the kids while the other rides. It's nice to have an early check in and whenever we stay at the Holiday Inn they are always so gracious with an early check in and a late check out. It really makes our day run better. I arrived around noon and asked if I'd be able to check in early and without even checking I got a curt answer of no and to come back after 3:00. Well, I couldn't come back at three and didn't make it back until 6:00 since my husband couldn't check in without me since I reserved it under my name through Priceline. They had given us the handicap room without a bathtub. I explained I had small children who would need a bathtub but they had no other rooms available and even mentioned my booking through Priceline as if I should understand that since I got the room at a lesser price I should be grateful. Apparently if you book your room through William Shattner they give you the least desirable room. Best Western in McCall will [-] on you if you use Priceline. I've never experienced this at the Holiday Inn in McCall. Their customer service is far superior, always making us feel welcome as equal guests to any other booking. Come to find out, the woman who turned me away when I initially tried to check in was the general manager! She could have at the very least pretended to check for an available room before saying no, at least then I would feel like she tried to give good customer service. She definitely needs some additional training in how to make guests feel welcome and important. We will not be staying there again. No thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We value your opinions and have looked into your concerns. We truly apologize if at any time you felt any of our staff was rude to you. That is certainly never our intent as we take pride in providing superior customer service. Unfortunately, as it was a sold out Labor Day weekend, your room was not available when you arrived around noon. The hotel did have your room available for early check in around 1PM. The room Priceline reserved for you was a King Handicap accessible room with a roll in shower and unfortunately, being sold out in advance, we did not have any rooms available to move you to with the tub you preferred. We again apologize for not meeting your expectations in every way and hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to have you stay again and experience our hotel in the manner our guests normally enjoy. Sincerely, Marsha Chatman Director of Operations
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was clean, the bed comfortable and the room quiet. There were two sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside which allowed two people to get ready at the same time. The breakfast was OK, but I wish there were healthier options, like plain oatmeal or a cereal that isn't sugar coated. The hotel is a bit away from the main area of McCall which meant we had to drive to dinner each night and it would have been nice to walk. Although the airport is just across the street we did not notice any airplane noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS McCall Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!