“Great food, a bit slow with big group” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 58 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: For a casual setting for breakfast and lunch, head downstairs to the Lake Grill. This restaurant features indoor and outdoor seating (seasonally) on our tiered patio with lush landscaping and gorgeous views of Payette Lake. Sunday now feature a piano player from 9am - 3pm.
Spokane, Washington
“Great food, a bit slow with big group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ate here twice on our business trip and both times the food was great. The day we sat with a large group together it took over and hour to get our food, the smaller table was done and gone. I would suggest allowing food to come out as it is done rather then waiting for all of us to be done!! Sweet potato fries were yummy!

Visited June 2013

Spokane, Washington
“yummmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had breakfast there. When we were seated they brought us warm biscuits and huckleberry(much like wild blueberry) jam. The meal was wonderful but a bit pricy, I would however do it again for a get away

Visited May 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Pricey but very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

For a special meal with excellent view of the lake. Filet Mignon was excellent. Service superb. Onion soup was different style but very tasty.

Visited March 2013
McCall, Idaho
“Never going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wanted to treat a friend, and decided to splurge a little. I knew lunch would be more expensive than any other place in McCall, but thought she deserved it. We both ordered the burger ($14). "Please ask the chef to prepare it rare" we asked. FOR THE FINAL TIME...it was so overdone! Dry, tasteless, no juice whatsoever. Tough to cut in half even with a steak knife, or swallow without plenty of water. The pathetic hard hothouse tomatoes should have been omitted altogether along with the single limpy lettuce leaf. The fries were once again overly salted. The flavorless bun was cold, straight from the fridge - and not even toasted. We would have both sent our orders back, but the lackluster waiter never returned until time to drop off the check...never asked how things were or refilled our nearly empty water glasses. $3 for a cup of coffee and no opportunity to get a refill. And pay attention...if you like to use malt vinegar on your fries. I ordered some, and when I went to pour, made a splash...the top plastic shaker part had been missing, so instead of sprinkling a little... so, patrons beware. I'm pretty sure the waiter didn't bother to replace the cap in time for the next customer, even though I told him.

As you can see by my many previous reviews...I continue ...like a fool...to give The Shore Lodge chance after chance to try to live up to it's "perceived fine reputation"...but I don't think they are ever going to be able to meet that standard. So, if you can afford their high prices, and do not expect to get what you pay for, then you would be happy. Dinner at The Narrows is very expensive, and everything's a'la carte...so unless you get very, very lucky, you may not have the fine dining experience you had hoped for.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boise ID
“Shockingly poor for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

First to give them their due, the setting is fabulous with a can't be beat view of McCall lake. It was all down hill from there. The service was slow and indifferent . We couldn't even get someone who was interested in taking our money ! No ask about a second round of cocktails, no offer to see the dessert menu, no busing of tables..........just a service void.
The quality of food was uneven, some in my party raved about their chicken, two sent their salmon back because the miso sauce was so salty it rendered their salmon uneatable. My daughter's steak had no exterior "crust" and the inside of her medium rare was a dull grey........looked like it had been boiled. I ordered a banana split for dessert and sent it back ( I almost never do this) as i would not pay $9 for literally half a banana and 1/2 cup of ice cream. My Daughters chocolate cake however was delicious and a nice portion.
I am not hard to please, and neither were my traveling companions, but we talked for 2 days about this poor meal, and our surprise over the poor experience .

• Visited July 2012