“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Boise
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our first trip to SRB was exceptional and we cannot wait for a return trip to McCall so we can go back!

You will find a tasty, rotating selection of SRB brews that pair well with their limited, albeit delicious menu items. I enjoyed the Nutty Ambro, and it went nicely with the Baja fish tacos! While I usually prefer grilled fish in my fish tacos, SRB's uses beer battered cod fillets, but I was happy to see that they were cooked perfectly and were not greasy...but what really made these tacos pop was the light drizzle of citrus aioli that covered the fresh pico de gallo....amazing.

If your going to try one of their brats I would recommend the smoked bacon brat...fabulous. The best part? It's served on a crusty, perfectly textured roll...just like so many burgers are ruined by the bun, so many great brats are ruined by their roll...but not at SRB!!

My wife and I shared the Buzz Buzz chocolate cake for dessert, which is made using their Buzz Buzz Coffee Porter and served with vanilla ice cream and a beer caramel sauce. The cake was moist, dense and what we like most, not too sweet. The porter was definitely noticeable and gave the cake an added awesomeness that can only be experienced in your mouth. We would go back for this cake alone.

Only negative comment, and just barely one at that; the service on the night we went was a little slow and it took quite a while for us to get noticed by wait staff after we found a table. While service was friendly and welcoming throughout the meal, there were times that it was a little inattentive.

We can't wait to go back and if you haven't been to SRB...GO! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Met my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had heard of Salmon River Brewery from a friend, and decided to have a Saturday evening beer and dinner with my husband while visiting McCall. The server was very friendly and chatty, and the atmosphere is very diverse and comfortable for a bar-type setting. We came during happy hour and enjoyed $3 pints of their seasonal pumpkin and "Mctoberfest" selection, as well as a $3 appetizer (a heated-up pretzel with hot cheese dipping sauce).

My fish tacos were very good, and my husband enjoyed his elk burger. Each entrée had a side of chips (tortilla and potato).

As the evening became cooler, a fire was lit in the fire pit out front.

Overall a nice experience, and I think we will return if we visit McCall again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Meadows, Idaho
“GREAT LOCAL JOINT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Love the vibe of Salmon River Brewery. The only reason I gave this review 4 stars is because the location is too small for the demand! Always crowded and not enough outside seating. Funky atmosphere that is fun and unique. Great beer and sushi is the specialty! I never imagined I would go to a place like this and order sushi, but it is superb and worth the trip even if you are not interested in beer. I have heard their live music is a lot of fun.

Visited September 2013
Seattle
“Really cool place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A cool little brewpub with funky decor and solid beer. Had a local's only vibe which was different from the other brewpub in town which had the feel of a tourist joint. Had the Buzz Buzz Porter, the pale ale, and fried pickles-- good stuff all around. The patio/backyard area was enjoyable but I liked the bar area as well. My only compliant is that they weren't open for lunch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hood River, Oregon
“Great beer, great burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love the beer and the staff here. Food is mixed, but they have the best deal on an elk burger ever. Great beer, my favorite stop in McCall.

Visited January 2013