“Excellent beer. Mixed review on service.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Idaho
“Excellent beer. Mixed review on service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our experience at SRB was a bit odd. We came in for dinner and the place was busy, but not packed by any means. Our server Kevin came up and took our beer order, but had a completely indifferent, lazy, "I don't care" attitude. We received our first round quickly, but ended up sitting there for 35 minutes with our server never returning to take our food order or see if we needed another beer. We even finished our beers and set the empty glasses at the end of the table for him to see (we were seated at a table only a few feet from the bar). During that time, he made eye contact numerous times with my wife, but stood idly behind the bar yawning (yes, actually yawning) and doing very little. He never seemed even slightly interested in us, or the two other tables he was serving. People at the other tables had to go up to the bar to get the drinks they had ordered, but never received. After 35 minutes, the manager (Bennett) came by and asked how we were, so we explained what was happening. He apologized profusely, gave us the first round on the house, and took over serving our table himself! He was genuinely concerned about our experience and we really enjoyed the rest of our time. Incredibly, our original server never even bothered to come over to apologize! Kevin, I think you need to find a new line of work. Customer service is not your thing. We had the fried pickles, fish and chips, and fish tacos. All were quite good. The beer was all very good. Loved the IPA! After dinner, we ended up talking to Matt, the head brewer, and he was nice enough to give us a quick tour of the brewery. As a homebrewer, I really appreciated that. In the end, we did enjoy our visit because of the great beer, and because Bennett took the poor customer service seriously and made things right. I would give SRB 4 stars for the beer, atmosphere, and Bennett's assistance, but I can't justify more than 3 stars due to the terrible service we started with.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boise, Idaho
“TGreat place to hang out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a very comfortable place to hang out, eat, drink beer, & play cards or whatever.

I had the fish & chips for dinner & they were good. My wife had the brat & said it was ok.

I had the Chocolate Stout & my wife had the Double IPA & we both enjoyed the beers.

This is our 2nd time here & we will definitely be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I'd Definetly come back to SRB! I didn't get the chance to try the food, but I'd love to next time. Beer was great! Fire pit outback and in front. Friendly staff, relaxed fun atmosphere. Can't wait to come back next time I'm in town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“Elk Burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was spending the week in McCall with kids at camp. The group of Dad's got a reprieve to hit the town and we chose this place. Great food and service, felt like a local the second we arrived. Don't expect handholding and pick up your napkin service but help yourself and you will be happy. We got a tour of the brewery and wow what a place. The guys I was with said the beer was fantastic and .... strong!

The back porch is it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“This is a great pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Excellent beer (I really liked their IPA, DIPA, and Barley Wine). Food is excellent too. It is a limited pub menu, but the food we tried was very good (Baja Fish Tacos and the Wild Alaskan Salmon Burger). Staff are friendly and John (the assistant brewmaster is an excellent source of information on their beers and beers in general).

Highly recommended.