“ok, but had problems with noisy neighbors” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Woodsman Motel

The Woodsman Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McCall
The Woodsman Motel
You added The Woodsman Motel to your Saves list
402 N 3rd Street, McCall, ID 83638   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in McCall
Billings, Montana
“ok, but had problems with noisy neighbors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We had a decent stay, but we had problems with some neighbors living in a connected apartment, that would play loud music all night long. We mentioned this to the manager, and we thought he told them to be quiet. They were quiet for awhile, but the loud music started again. The manager was not much help to calm them down. If it was not for this problem, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I payed $61 for a night here. It was me, my boyfriend and my two large dogs. There was no pet deposit or fee. I love the rustic wood furniture. Our room had a queen size bed, plus a futon. The room and bathroom were very clean and I was happy to spend the night here. I didn't mind that there was no HVAC system in the room. I like to have my window open and the fan going. I didn't feel like McCall was the type of place to be worried about not having your window shut. The only thing that I would say that might be negative was that the pet friendly room smelt like a pet deoderizer and when I turned on the sink the water was brown for a second. I was told that they have a Ski and Stay Special in the winter. I look forward to coming back here and taking them up on that offer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

decided to try the woodsman after viewing their website for 2 non consecutive nights before & after a whitewater rafting trip. both nights we were in room 53. there isn't an hvac unit in the room, just an oscillating fan. also, there's not screen on the window. it was really hot in our room the first night, so we opened the window & put the fan in it, but it didn't feel safe to leave the window open all night. consequently, the room heated up & it was really uncomfortable. the 2nd night, the room was much cooler, despite similar weather, & we got a comfortable night's sleep. both nights the motel seemed to have much less than 50% capacity & it was always quiet.

the rooms are recently remodeled. i really liked the rustic wood furnishings. the greyish wood paneling took away from the room though. painting would have been better. the bedspreads look pretty worn out, but the beds were clean & comfortable. the towels were dry and scratchy.

the office was essentially unmanned. you entered the office & rang a bell for service. there was a water cooler with hot & cold water, tea & a coffee pot, but there was never any coffee made.

taxes and all it was just over $72/night. that seems like a lot for what we got.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Woodsman Motel? Share your experiences!