“Red Lion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lewiston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Red Lion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Good rooms, great staff, and very accommodating. Stayed there before and after a river trip with OARS which was great as we could leave our luggage at the hotel during the trip. Bar and restuarant was fine for the kids.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay in the rooms that face the hotel lobby.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Wow! Thank you for the generous comments! We strive to provide excellent service to all guests and your positive feedback is very rewarding! We are thrilled that we could cover your group’s needs!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through the LC Valley!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We rolled into the hotel at 10 PM. I had a room reserved. A bellman raced me to the front desk so he could talk to the clerk for literally 5 minutes about a broke air conditioner in some poor sods room! When the clerk finally acknowledged my presence, she never looked at me once! Not once, just mumbled photo ID and credit card please. After about a minute of pecking away on her computer she handed me two magnetic keys and said I was in the annex across the parking lot. So which direction. She specifically pointed. It turned out to be the exact wrong direction. I get to the parking lot and notice about 300 yards away is the annex in the other direction. So, I drive over there, haul all our stuff up to the second floor room in a building without an elevator and presto! The keys don't work. I hike back across the lot and she gives me 3 keys to try this time. Presto! One works. I have managed a 100 unit full service hotel with bar and restaurant, I am 55, I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many hotels. None come close to the poor service and terrible accommodations of this one. As I sit here the next afternoon at 3:30 local time, there hasn't been hide nor hair of a maid service. I went to lunch today, got back to my room and guess what? Not one of the three keys worked! OK hike the half mile round trip across the 115 degree parking lot and the clerk on duty ignored me for a full minute as I stood RIGHT in FRONT of him! When he finally asked if he could help me, I told him none of the 3 keys worked. He promptly reloaded 3 new ones and told me they should work.

Do yourself a favor, Never Never Never stay at the Red Lion Lewiston!!! I sure as heck wont!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our property. We apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, we are very disappointed and embarrassed for the service you were provided. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. We are currently ranked #1 out of 50+ Red Lions, so this is a very rare thing for our property.
We assure you we will be looking into this immediately and addressing this issue with the staff. In regards to the keycards they can be deactivated when placed too close to cell phone or magnetic cards such as bank cards. We have tried many different brands of keycards and they all have this inconveniencing issue.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the less than perfect service you were provided. We do hope that you will return if you are in the Valley again and give us the opportunity to really wow you.
Kind regards,
Your Red Lion Lewiston Team
McCall, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here one night to attend a concert at the Clearwater Casino. Only a short drive to the casino from the hotel (about 10 minutes). Booked the room through Trip Advisor and paid $119 for a room with king bed. Upon arrival, I was advised that my room was in the building across the parking lot. Fearing the worst, I was pleased to find that the room was actually a suite! Very spacious but dark. The ceilings were not high and there were large windows, but the lack of natural light was still obvious. There were no ceiling lights and only lamps on the nightstands and desk. Our room keys did not work, and we returned to the desk to get them re-coded. The newly coded cards worked, but the door handle did not open. Maintenance responded and demonstrated that you just have to be fast from the card swipe to the handle. He mentioned that they have parts on order so that opening the door does not take slight of hand.

When I inquired about a free breakfast, the clerk advised that it was free depending on how much you pay for the room. I told her how much I paid for the room, but when she checked the computer she said she could not verify the amount because the reservation went through Expedia.com and the don't disclose the rate. This is the first hotel that I have been in, in YEARS that did not offer a free breakfast. I have stayed in hotels where I paid significantly less than $119, and got a breakfast. The policy of this hotel is bad PR in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Benicia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed here the night before and the night after our rafting trip with Oregon River Expeditions. The location is central close to a sporting good store and plenty of free parking. Great pool and micro brewery next door. The hotel staff were great they even made us free copies of a list if everyone's emails when we returned despite the fact that they were busy checking people in.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This hotel was great. Very clean and super accommodating. Every employee that we came into contact with was over the top professional and extremely nice, especially the shuttle driver (forgot her name!) who drove us to the casino. The food at Meriwether's was really good for dinner, we had the Cougar burger (delicious) and the Alaskan Cod (also very good) and our server was wonderful. The breakfast was just ok and service was slow; save your money and use the free breakfast coupons for the breakfast buffet. We will be back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: We followed other reviews and got a room in the back, top floor (812). It was nice and quiet at nig...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Nampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Only stayed one night prior to going on a multiple-day raft trip. The hotel was great about allowing us rafters to leave our sensitive belongings with them until we got back to collect them. Also was able to leave our vehicles in their well-lit parking lot with no problems.
The room was clean & the bed was comfy.

Room Tip: Very friendly to rafters!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
THANK YOU FOR BEING A LOYAL RED LION CUSTOMER! We loved your group! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to wow you! We strive to provide exceptional service and appreciate your feedback!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Nice hotel near downtown. The rooms were clean and nice. The only issue we had was when we got there at 3pm they didn't have any rooms available even though we make our reservations in advance. They had a high school reunion going on that night so it was a little noisy in the bar and at 2am when all the drunks went to their rooms! Long wait for service in the bar earlier in the day as they only had one person working the bar and restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback as your business is valued. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to the food and beverage outlets.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Valley!

Kind regards,
Your Red Lion Lewiston Team!

Been to Red Lion Hotel Lewiston? Share your experiences!