“Clearwater Tower” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Lewiston
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Clearwater Tower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was the host hotel for our dog show. We stayed in the Clearwater Tower room, bottom floor facing the parking lot. The room was large, nicely furnished. Check in was great, fast service with a smile. There is no free breakfast, but they do have room service at a reasonalble price.
My only complaint was the internet service which was hard to log onto, would time out, kick me off or just wouldnt log on at all.

Room Tip: Clearwater Tower rooms are way larger than the others.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Valued Guest,

We love being the host for the dog show! It's always brightens everyone's mood to see some furry friends! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your spacious room.

We have tried a breakfast buffet trial in the summer months last year, the majority of the guests asked to go back to the order off the menu style breakfast. We apologize if this was a discomfort to you. We are currently working on our internet issue with our service provider!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete a survey on your property!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Red Lion in Lewiston, Idaho was excellent to stay at! They were the host hotel for the Palouse Hills and Lewis-Clark Kennel Club shows. The staff were friendly and very accomodating. This was my second stay at this hotel and I would highly recommend it for anyone travelling through this area (especially with pets).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a customer service survey on our property! Your generous comments are appreciated, we look forward to your next trip through the LC Valley!

Kind regards,
Lakewood, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't mind spending almost $200 a night on a hotel, but I do mind spending that on want I got here! This was nothing more than a 2 star hotel in a small town in ID. I could see paying that price in Dallas, TX or Seattle, WA, but NOT Lewiston, ID! We stayed here for Mom's Weekend for WSU, which is about 30min away. It's a busy weekend, so we knew it would be hard to find a place to stay, but to price gauge like that was ridiculous! They didn't even clean our room the first day! We had to call to get clean towels and rash rags and then the person that delivered them stood there like he was expecting a tip! Normally I would tip when something is delivered to my room, but not when it was something that I shouldn't have had to call for in the first place. There was no continental breakfast for this price and I had powdered creamer in my room and they. Don't don't even put bottled water in their vending machines.....they keep it behind the front desk and charge $1.00 a bottle. We ate breakfast the last morning we were there in Meriwether's. There was nothing sour about the sour dough toast I ordered and it was stale to boot. My bacon was cooked nicely per my request, but it was the saltiest bacon I have ever eaten. The waitress seemed irritated and was rude, and the "Idaho hash browns" as listed on the menu we disgusting! We won't be staying here again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a customer service survey on our property. We apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, they have been addressed accordingly. We had recently run a trial complimentary breakfast and had gone back to our order off the menu style breakfast as the majority of guests requested. We do not run the vending machines; we simply house them as a service to our guests. We do have water available at our front desk since it is not offered by the vending companies.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

On the recommendation of a family member I switched my hotel property to the Red Lion Hotel Lewiston Idaho from one I had previously booked. The move was for a variety of reasons a good one, the hotel staff was pleasant on arrival and even called my room once I was checked in to see if everything was satisfactory. The real yardstick of how good or bad company performs is how they handle unexpected problems, in my case, there was a slight internet connection issue whom I had the pleasure of dealing directly with the General Manger (Ron Anderson) with. Not only was the issue corrected Ron went up and above to make sure the remainder my stay was without any other issues and saw to it personally. I travel extensively around the country and stay at many hotels but if any trip takes me back to Lewiston the Red Lion is where I’m staying. The rooms are nice and the food is very good as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am thrilled to read a few things in your comments, that you were referred by a trusted family member, the food was great and our staff went above and beyond to make every detail perfect for you!

I can not tell you how much I enjoy reading comments like this. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review about our property and staff. I do hope you let all your friends and family know about you experiances with us and continue to stay with us on your trips through the LC Valley!

Kind regards!
Kamiah, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were moving from Western Washington to North Central Idaho and unfortunately, our moving van's transmission failed after coming down the Lewiston (Idaho) Grade. It was late and had already been a grueling, long, slow journey of 10 hours and we still had 100 miles to go. I spoke with the moving van company and they could not send a technician nor a replacedment van out until the next morning. We were exhausted, hungry and traveling with a German Shepherd and two Australian Shepherds, so when the moving company suggest that they would put us up for a night all I could think of was what safe, comfortable and clean hotel would be willing to take our crew which included 3 dogs without their crates?! Fortuntely, I could see the Red Lion Hotel sign from the Highway and gave them a call, knowing the the Red Lion had a good reputation. The clerk that answered the phone was so professional, helpful and understanding! I explained our unexpected problems and that my family and I (and our 3 dogs!) needed a room. The clerk immediately secured a room for us, found 3 large dog crates that we could use and when I asked about local restaurants, gave me a wide and varied list of eating establishments that would likely still be open at this late hour. When we got there, the desk clerk was just as nice and professional, quickly located a couple of carts to help us bring their provided dog crates (already waiting for us) and our luggage to our room. The dog crates were very clean and sturdy and large enough for each of our dogs, the room was very clean, comfortable and inviting and we were soon comfortably settled in our rooms and able to locate a nice restaurant to have a belated dinner. We had a great nights sleep and the check out was handled by the day desk clerk just as quickly and professionally as the help that we received the night before. Thank you Red Lion, for a good ending to a difficult day!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hoonah, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night while passing through on Business. The hotel was clean and nice but the matress was wore out. If you sleep on the outside edge like I do you roll right off the bed. Wholly mackeral. Makes for a rough 1 nighter! Probably wouldn't return due to the matress condition.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Redmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent accommodations with our property! We appreciate your feedback and are currently looking into new matresses!

Kind regards.
Chandler, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'll list the issues we had:
1. They gave away the room we had reserved so ended up with a "lesser" accomodation.
2. The "indoor pool" is actually across the parking lot at health club.
3. The beds are uncomfortable (to soft and sagging in the middle of our King bed)
4. I took 2 cold showers during my stay.
5. The heating/cooling system is not regulated by a thermometer so you end up getting hot, then cold, then hot as you try to adjust it and find a balance.
6. The heating cooling system is also noisy.
7. The location was loud with ambulance/fire trucks passing during the night.

Our friends stayed at the Quality Inn and it was MUCH nicer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Redmanager, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Lewiston, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our establishment, I know how busy life can be!

After reading your comments, I understand how frustrating these issues would be and without our guests bringing them to our attention.

Our outdoor is closed due to the cold weather, but we do have an indoor pool that is located across the parking lot - our shuttle would be more than happy to take you to and from to avoid the breeze.

I do apologize for the water temperature, we called Guardian Heating and Water as soon as we were aware of the issue and it was fixed right away. I was not aware of the heating and cooling dial, but I will look up the room number and have maintenance take care of it immediately! I appreciate you bringing these things to our attention so we can get them corrected for the next guest.

We do hope you choose us again during your next trip through the Valley.

Kind regards.

Been to Red Lion Hotel Lewiston? Share your experiences!