“Best in town! ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in Lewiston
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Best in town! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Holy cow this place is dynamite! Didn't know it existed until a co worker and his wife asked my boyfriend and I to meet for dinner. Extremely pleased! Friendly staff. Hole in the wall on top of the hill. Wish they'd serve beer!!! Out of this world ribs, beans and mac! We love this place! Better BBQ than the place across the river in front of the brewery.

“GR8 BBQ & Best beans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love love love their beans....made with brisket yum yum! The sanwich meals are tender n all the meat I tried is too (I dislike tough shoe leather bbq n these guys do it correct) Ribs tender n great flavor. Sauce is flavorful and I just realy enjoy this place. Try it out.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Reasonably priced, friendly service and everything was incredible: we had the pulled pork, half a rack of ribs and the half chicken - all amazing and perfectly done. Chiken was fall of the bone tender. Their adult mac and cheese is delightful with a hint of chillie pepper and the baked beans were one of the best I've ever had. Highly recommended!
Only con - location! It is very difficult to get there.

Visited June 2014
Lewiston, Idaho
“Finally some good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This place is great. I hesitated to try it at first because the location seems a little strange. My brother was raving about it. The first time I went, I had the pulled pork sandwich w/spicy BBQ sauce and the homemade Mac n' cheese with chiles. Awesome!!! Had the brisket sandwich today. Equally awesome. It is take out but they are expanding soon. High quality smoky BBQ with authentic homemade sides and reasonable prices. The place is clean, owners are personable, and they have some hard working and well behaved children that help out occasionally as well. Great food.. Great to support a locally owned ma and pop.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewiston, ID
“Another fantastic barbecue joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are so starved for good BBQ around here that I patronize even the bad joints. Not a problem here though. I am a rib fanatic but I prefer spare compared to back ribs. The last time I was there they were out of the former (Oh No!). But honestly, their baby back ribs are fantastic I will get them again. One of the cooks is a lady who acts like she is cooking for her own family, she was turning a pan of roast pork into servings of pulled pork and the other patrons, and she, were licking their chops. They have only been in business about five months but they are setting up like they plan to stay. One problem though, they are just carry out.....gasp. But that's ok, I guess, I only live a few miles away. Also, if I want really great sit down bbq the Lunch Box Cafe Is still going strong. May they both live long and prosper.

• Visited October 2013