“Not my favorite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Hot Springs Inn

You added Riverside Hot Springs Inn to your Saves list
Riverside Hot Springs Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   255 East Portneuf Avenue, P.O. Box 127, Lava Hot Springs, ID 83246   |
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We are fre
The quent lava visitors as we have lived relatively close a few times. We decided to be thrifty on this visit and spend less than money than you spend at one of the nicer hotels. I would say the best part about this hotel is the staff and the breakfast. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent.
The rooms and the private hot pools did not really impress. The beds were too saggy for my liking and the private pools did not compare to the real thing at the large pools.
This place does have a lot of potential and could be a great historical hotel that adds another great place to visit in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ogden, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is exactly what it advertises itself to be, a historical property with different types of rooms and PRIVATE mineral baths. My husband and I loved it. The staff was overly friendly and helpful without being intrusive and annoying. It is an older hotel and it states that. The reviews that were so negative actually prompted our stay. We will be back. The food was excellent we had steaks in the restaurant and the chef came table side to see if they were cooked to our liking, the weekend breakfasts were AWESOME. It was quiet and leisurely and that is what we were looking for. We also loved that the private tubs had sign up sheets so we could book our quiet time and not interfere with others. Stay here if you are looking for a quiet weekend away with you and your hubbie or wife.

Room Tip: Be sure to read the descriptions on the rooms. Some of them have private bathrooms and some have sh...
Midvale, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

These guys saved our weekend. Last room in town! Greeted by the chef @ 10 at night wondering if we wanted him to cook something for dinner before he left. A nice welcome smile from the nice check in lady and a nice thick towel and Robe for a half an hour in a private mineral tub, right before we discover that they have a bar in the basement near the tubs.The bar tender Jill rocks!! They have a lovely Prime Rib dinner on Saturday nights that is to die for. It was like home away from home with classy and cozy dining then a couple of beers and good company to boot. Thanks Riverside Hot Springs Inn.... We WILL be back.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my first time staying at this little hotel, and I have to say that I won't stay anywhere else! The staff ensured that I was completely taken care of, from the towels in my room to the amazing meal that I had in the restaurant. The private hot soaking mineral pools are to die for! I slept like a rock after my soak. I was very pleasantly surprised at their Continental Breakfast. They have a Pastry Chef on staff that makes all the pastries! So Good!! I loved the Chocolate Croissants!
If you are looking for a historic (100 years old), romantic, and charming place to stay, stay at The Riverside!!

bozeman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

this is the third time my wife and I have come to stay at the Riverside Inn in Lava Hot Springs. The private hot tubs, the great food in the Portneuf Grill, and the amazing staff make this an amazing get away each time. I cannot recommend the Riverside enough.

Room Tip: 312 is amazing
Aspen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food and menu was excellent. The hotel is in need of a complete update. It's a quaint old building, but the beds are HORRIBLE! The bed was so uncomfortable that I slept on the floor. Old linens, lousy towels, and the soaking rooms aren't very nice either. A lousy way to experience this great hot springs town for the first time. Can't tell you where is better, every place looks old and outdated.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms would be ideal - place is old and worn out. Loud heater, old blankets, old beds, ju...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lava Hot Springs hotels

VT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff graciously welcomed us without a reservation after the original booking had ants, etc.
We rented the apartment for 2 nights. There is so much potential here to be tapped.
3 of the major appliances were broken and signs warning about their use needed to be replaced. The heating system was noisy but served the purpose of drowning out noises associated with historic buildings in need of rescuing . Plastic, out of season flowers in dining room aren't an asset.
Food was OK. At breakfast I asked about an egg white omelet . Cook doesn't like to do them. Had coffee. Excuse me, I'm the guest.
Front desk personnel were friendly and welcoming . They went out of their way when we had questions about the area.
Hopefully the owners can carry out their planned renovations. Their inn is one of the assets in Lava Hot Springs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riverside Hot Springs Inn? Share your experiences!