“Lunch after a great riding” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Kooskia
Cuisines: American
West Jordan, Utah
“Lunch after a great riding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

After a great ride down Lolo Pass we stopped in to the Wilderness Inn for a bite to eat. This seems to be a family run business in a very scenic part of Idaho. The staff was friendly and the service was good. The food came out quickly and was what I expected. This might not be the best restaurant in the world, but it's a very nice place to relax after a great day on the motorcycle.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boise, Idaho
“The rooms suck...but you are stuck there unless you can go another 45 minutes further”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Terrible rooms, with very old carpet that is in ridges and you really don't want to step on without shoes....and I'm a biker and hunter....very little bothers me. The room is 15 feet wide and I'm pretty sure there is an inch and a half tilt to the back so be careful as you go "downhill" towards the bathroom door : - ) and this is not joke. Furniture was brought over on a covered wagon, but not of that quality....broken and covered with a sheet??
Too bad these small community folks don't feel a sense of duty to provide a clean and well kept room for $60+. It can be quite basic, just needs to show customers respect by being well kept and updated as required by wear and tear.
I couldn't bring myself to eat there, but did go across the bridge and eat at the Three Rivers Resort bar/café which is only open from 5 to 8 p.m.. The chicken garlic sandwich was really quite good, fries undercooked and two beers on tap.....Moosedrool and Coors Light...of which the later is not even a beer : ) So had a good sandwich and decent beer. The beer was very reasonably priced at $3 for a solo cup.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Puget Sound
“Great place on a long stretch of road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

As a bicycle tourist, I have to plan where to stay and where to eat. East of the Mississippi, that's not too much of a challenge most of the time. Between Clarkston and Missoula, however, there aren't that many choices. Ryan's was an oasis for me in May of 2013.

I arrived late in the afternoon, checked into their motel, cleaned up, and returned for supper. The hot roast beef sandwich was everything one could desire from that basic road-comfort meal. The service was attentive but not intrusive.

The next morning I had the full two-egg breakfast. Again, a standard done well.

They topped the first two meals with an excellent sack lunch for me to take up the road toward Lolo Pass. Their method of filling my water sack was first to fill it completely with ice and then top it off with water in the spaces. I had cold water well into the afternoon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moraga, California
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went there for breakfast. I had two eggs, hash browns and toast.
The service was prompt and friendly.
The restaurant was nice and rustic inside.
The food was good. Hash browns were especially delicious.
They had several interesting place mats that showed a world map, the presidents, the solar system, and the weather. Very informative for kids and adults.

Visited August 2013
Colfax, Washington
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I took a break from riding our motorcycle over the spectacular Lolo Pass (Hwy 12) to stop in at this neat little diner. There is a pool table room that has some pretty impressive cougar and bear taxidermy. The food was very tasty. I was impressed my the rich taste of the soup of the day- tomato garlic. My wife thought the chili on their chili burger was excellent as well. One of the owners was our server. It turns out she is from the same area of Iowa I am from. I look forward to riding Lolo Pass again, in part so I can eat here again.

• Visited August 2012