“ROW on the Lochsa for the win!” 5 of 5 stars

7744 Highway 12, Kooskia, ID
Website
Improve this listing
Houston, Texas
“ROW on the Lochsa for the win!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

ROW is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Our guide(s) were fun, safe, informative about the area, and had more certifications and safety training than a Coast Guard rescue swimmer. These guys know their stuff, and because of this and their professionalism, we had a blast knowing that if anything happened on the river, we had the best guides in the business there to help out. Riverdance Lodge (ROW's lodging) was good, and any small issues with anything were quickly and politely handled. Syringa Cafe (eatery at Riverdance Lodge) was overpriced for what you get, but the service and staff were very pleasant and welcoming. This was my 3rd trip with ROW on the Lochsa, so that should say it all. Explosive river and experienced, professional guides makes for a great trip. -Tony

montana
“Lochsa 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I just want to thank the ROW staff for putting on a great Lochsa trip. My wife and I came down for our anniversary and had a wonderful time on the river. My wife was apprehensive as she had never done the Lochsa before, but our guide Liz was excellent and through her professionalism and knowledge put my wife at ease. ROW puts on a great trip and I really appreciate how hard the guides work to make everything come off so well and organized. Thanks ROW, and Liz!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“21 years on the Locsha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Beginning in1986 I've been taking business clients and friends on the Locsha with ROW. We've had between 30 and 90 rafters each year. For most of those years my career was in Marketing. In that position one has great concern to detail and success so we can be discerning. ROW time and time again has shown they are top drawer. The office staff is extremely knowledgable and accommodating. The raft guides are very safety conscious and personable. Every year my guests brag about how cool their guide was. The lodging at Riverdance Lodge is exceptional. The cabins are far nicer than one would expect. The Glamping tents are are a unique experience. The staff managing the lodge and restaurant are like the guides warm and accommodating. And of there's the Locsha River. I've run several rivers in the West and Alaska and for a 1 day trip I would be doubtful there's a better river. Hit after hit but with just enough of a breather in between to cinch down your helmet and do it again. Something like 30 named rapids and a few unnamed that would be called rowdy on other rivers. Without a doubt next year will be number 22 and we'll run the Mighty Locsha with ROW.

Spokane, Washington
“Eight is not Enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I've rafted other rivers (including West Virginia"s Gauley) and I keep coming back to the Mighty Lochsa. This was trip number eight and I plan to go again next year and the year after that and the year after that...
ROW does a great job. The guides are professional but fun. I've never had a bad experience. The cabins are first class and the food on the river and at their cafe is excellent.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“The Lochsa River 2012 MIND-BLOWING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is easily the best time of my life. These rapids are intense and huge. I will be back every year for some Lochsa carnage. ROW definitely knows what they are doing. Our guide Nick was very knowledgeable and took us balls out. Lunch was killer, didn't expect it be as good as it was. I'm hooked for life. See you next year Nick.