“3 Strikes!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
idaho
“3 Strikes!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have been enjoying Bigwood pastries and bread both in Ketchum and in Boise for a number of years. So, it was with a good deal of excitement that we noted their new Cafe/deli in Ketchum, proper. The problem is that even by Ketchum standards the manager is rude. She cares not a wit. There seems to be no structure or supervision. A drunk monkey could get this otherwise fine product from the deli case to a bag, with no help. There has been no improvement and our first two visits were 6 weeks before our last. An order of 4 bagels, toasted with cream cheese, to go was 45 minutes and they burned 2 and forgot the cream cheese on 1. We will now boycott the pastry/bread wherever we see it. Go to Starbucks in Ketchum. It is just across the street. Avoid. Seriously.

Carly T, Owner at Bigwood Bread, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Wow – we bit the dust on this one! I wish we could take these bad experiences you had back. I am embarrassed by the fact that you did not have one good visit with us.
I will say that your review was very helpful to us and has helped us to review our training and service policies. We have gone from a very small take out location to the corner of Main and Main and we have had some transitional issues along the way. I feel that we have made some great improvements to our systems and I would like to invite you back for a meal on the house to hopefully win us back into your heart and belly! I can be reached at carly@bigwoodbread.com and I would like to personally do what I can to improve your impression of us.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Carly

Sun Valley, Idaho
“Great lunch at the Town Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bigwood Bread is a local, commercial sized baker that supplies bread to many Sun Valley (and beyond) grocery stores and restaurants, and has recently opened its restaurant right on the Ketchum Town Square across from Atkinson's Market, our locally owned high-quality grocer. The food is great and access is easy by the free Mountain Rides buses from all over the Ketchum/Sun Valley area; you can also park nearby.

Visited September 2013