“Great Stop!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jerome
Bellingham, Washington
“Great Stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night on our way from Wa to Co. We were upgraded to a suite on the second floor and it was lovely. It still had the new carpet smell and everything was spotlessly clean. The King bed was very comfortable and even though the hotel was busy with a convention it was very quiet in the room. The breakfast was very good, you could even have an omlette made. The hotel is across from a large Walmart shopping center with lots of fast food options close by. The only slight negative I would give this hotel is the parking. during our stay the hotel was very busy and there wasn't enough parking, other tha that I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sawtoothinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear "Great Stop":

I am glad you enjoyed your free second floor Suite upgrade. We just recently finished putting new carpet in half of our rooms and will recarpet the rest of the rooms this Winter so all of our guests can enjoy that new carpet smell.

Whenever there is an event in our Convention Center it does fill up spaces quickly in our parking lot, but hopefully the front desk staff was able to direct you to the convenient over flow parking lot.

Thank you for commenting on the many options in the breakfast as well, and we hope you have as great of a stay the next time you choose to stay at the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was a very nice place. I had asked for a ground floor room a month before and got it. No problem. The room was immaculate. 6 pillows. The breakfast was very good. Made to order omelets, biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffles, etc. Staff was very nice when I checked in. The retired military discount was better than most places I have stayed. A lot of places I have asked about military discount they charge more than the senior discount. This was less, I guess in small town Idaho they still appreciate the military.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear "In The Middle Of Idaho":

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID and we were able to accommodate your request for a downstairs room. Thank you for noticing and taking advantage of the added pillows in your room for comfort, and the little extras that make our breakfast a Full Hot breakfast, and the Military discount we offer. We hope to see you again on your next time through the middle of Idaho!

Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

First off, my husband and I travel with our 2 dogs twice a year from Washington to our house in Arizona. On the return trip we drive aprox. 14 hours and overnight in Twin Falls or Jerome. I have stayed here before and the first time like I do on EVERY hotel I book, I called hotel to make sure they can guarantee me a ground floor room. If hotel says they are unable to guarantee I book another hotel. First time no problem at this hotel. This last visit will be our last. I called right hotel after I made reservations through my computer ( I am a travel agent so made via my system). When I called I explain to the front desk I must be guaratanteed a ground floor since one of my dogs just had major surgery (ruptured MCL and CANT walk stairs yet) I was told no problem ground floor was confirmed & guaranteed, I explained this was very important she again said no problem. WELL after 14 hours of driving and being up since 3AM I get to hotel and was told no ground floors available. Tells me none were available when I booked. SERIOUSLY?? So did the person I spoke to on the phone LIE to me when I said I must have a ground floor or did the front desk just give them all away before we arrived and LIED to us at check in? Either way they lied plain and simple. I have been a travel agent for 30 years and I know the whole blame game hotels and airlines do. Just like the gal at check out tried to do saying "well when you book via a Travel agent sometimes the information does not go through" Really? then what did the phone call do? Good thing I was not elderly and my husband was strong enought to carry our 65lb lab up all the stair since no elevator. The hotel is clean but when you call to follow up on a very important requirement and they tell you it is guaranteed you expect that!! I could have easily stayed at Twin Falls Red Lion or the Red Lion Boise and been guaranteed a pet/ground floor room. I will be canceling our November stay for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sawtoothinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear "My Second Review Of This Hotel":

I appreciate the Trip Advisor feedback even though you had a bad experience during your recent stay at the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID. Every guests' stay is valued and I will use this as a learning experience for my Front Desk staff. I apologize that your needs were not accommodated and hope that my front desk or maintenance staff was considered as a means to help you with your luggage and carrying your pet upstairs. Also, as a travel agent for the many years you have done so, I am sure you have run across many hotels that state with requests that even though a hotel may try to do their best to accommodate a request they are not guaranteed. I take ownership of any error on the part of the Sawtooth Inn on the busiest weekend of the year and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way home from a long vacation, and after driving for 10hrs we made our way to Jerome Idaho. We pulled into the Best Western and was greeted by a very friendly staff. The lobby was very nice, clean and inviting. The clerk got us the best price and the room was prefect. In the morning we enjoyed the complementary breakfast and we were on our way. If you find yourself in Jerome Idaho (just outside of Twin Falls) do yourself a favor and stay at the Best Western.

Jeff

• Stayed May 2013
sawtoothinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear "Nice Surprise":

The front desk staff at the Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn understands that a friendly smile and quick check-in is what is necessary for travelers, such as yourself, who need to rest and refuel from their long day of driving, just to head out on the road again the next morning. I hope you had a few minutes in the morning to take advantage of the made-to-order eggs included in our full hot breakfast before hitting the road again.

Thank you for taking time to put a review of our property on Trip Advisor!

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everything here looks brand new and smells clean. Really comfortable room and friendly staff. Picked the location because it is really close to family in Jerome, but also really convenient to all of the stores/restaurants in Twin Falls. Also, no problem having our dog along.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Great Experience":

I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID! Our property is 16 years old, but in the last few years have done many improvements to the hotel to keep the property up to date including: new furniture, paint, bedding packages, beds, flat panel tv's, carpet throughout the hotel, renovated the pool area, and much more. Thank you for noticing!

Yes, we are located conveniently 15 minutes away from Twin Falls and the shopping and restaurants it offers, as well as between 1 and 3 miles from a variety of restaurants here in Jerome.

Again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you and your pet(s) again, soon!

Wisdom, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We always appreciate lodging that is also pet friendly and the Best Western in Jerome met our expectations. The entire facility is non smoking!!!! It was clean, the room was spacious and very comfortable. No extra charge for pets, which always makes me want to stay again. The area outside was nice for walking our dogs and we felt safe and welcome.

Room Tip: Travelling with pets, the receptionist was kind enough to ensure we had a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear "Pet Friendly":

Thank you for valuing your stay at the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID so much that you took the time to write such a kind review afterwards! We understand that pets are a very important part of a family and are happy to accommodate them at no charge. We feel that in requiring a $100 refundable pet deposit at check in will deter any people traveling with unruly pets from staying with us and attract those pet owners that have trained their pets well.

I am glad we were able to accommodate your request of a downstairs room due to traveling with a pet, as we try to accommodate all guest requests to the best of our ability. We hope to see you again, soon!

Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have a larger family, and finding spaces where the whole family can be in one room or suite can sometimes be difficult. We booked an upstairs suite (1 king separate bedroom, 1 queen, 1 king sofa-bed) at the Sawtooth, and had a very enjoyable stay. HUGE shower and large bathroom, sink in the bath and in the main room to speed up everyone getting dressed, and plenty of natural light with big windows. The floorspace was excellent.

Three small down-sides that we left a note about, but which won't influence our future stays negatively at all--there was a chemical smoke odor in the closets, so we didn't use those (with as attentive as the staff was, I expect those will be ozoned and repainted very soon.) The ironing board needs a functional pad under the cover to prevent pressing the metal grid into a shirt. The sofa-bed would have been comfortable for our 40-pound littlest children, but for adult-sized teens, it was not workable; our son ended up sleeping on the sofa non-converted, and we tucked the littlest in with us instead. I don't know that it's possible for a sofa-bed to survive in a hotel setting. :)

Extra pillows and blankets were no problem at all; the front desk has a "pillow bar" and was able to supply some different styles with a cheerful smile.

24-hour pool/hot tub area was very clean; everyone played until they were waterlogged. Parking immediately around the hotel can look tight at first glance, but we were able to park our 'Burb and enclosed trailer in an upper lot close to our room, which was great. Very easy access to fuel, a grocery, and the highway.

Big benefit of staying at the Sawtooth: hot breakfast in the morning. Eggs to order, waffles, juice, coffee, fruit; it was great to not rush and still get a really solid breakfast. With six in our family, that saved us about $50 each morning over going to a restaurant.

And, checkout wasn't until noon, so we didn't have to rush after, either. Front desk staff was helpful and responsive every time we called. The whole facility is very clean; room cleanliness was impeccable.

Just off the breakfast room is a small library (grown-up and kid-friendly books) and movie selection; each room has a DVD player. The grocery across the street has a Redbox kiosk, too.

Two-thirds of us had stayed in a double-queen in this same location a while back, and had a great experience; it's good to know the high standards are consistent.

Room Tip: Though you're farther from the front desk, rooms at the back of the hotel are far from the pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sawtoothinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear "Finally, Room for All":

Wow! What a fantastic review of the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID! I appreciate all of your suggestions to improve your room as well as you comments on all of the things you enjoyed about your stay, including the 24 hour indoor pool/hot tub, pillow bar, breakfast, proximity to grocery and gas, etc. The carpet in 328 (where you stayed) was replaced just a week before your stay, as well as all the walls being painted and room thoroughly cleaned but still the maintenance staff has been made aware of your concern with the smell in the closets and is looking into it. We welcome your family back any time, as your children were a delight and very well mannered.

Assistant General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Sawtooth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!