“Find Somewhere ELSE to stay at ANY PRICE” 1 of 5 stars

Sawtelle Mountain Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4133 Quakie Lane, Island Park, ID 83429   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Island Park
Connecticut
“Find Somewhere ELSE to stay at ANY PRICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

As stated before - The word RESORT is a JOKE - The office closed @ 8:30 - there is NO internet access after that and the Resturant wasn't even open at 8:30 A.M. when we were there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I didn't do my homework like I normally do when we select lodging. Lesson learned the hard way!

By the time we really looked at the room, my husband had carried heavy coolers & luggage up the stairs and he didn't want to move or I would have not stayed there.

The bedspread was obviously dirty - we left it on the floor. The bathroom - not clean - and the toilet was mounted on a board and it teetered horribly, and it also ran off & on which was noisy. The room was supplied with one tiny bar of soap. Obviously you need at least two - for sink and shower. There was only a small partial amont of TP left on the roll in the bathroom. The bed was very cheap and uncomfortable. When we decided to check out the indoor heated pool and hot tub - both still advertised on the website and on the sign at the entrance to the property - we found the pool to have filmy looking water in it. The hot tub was empty other than a small puddle at the bottom. We went to the desk to ask about the hot tub, hoping it can be filled upon demand. We were told that it was "kaput". We were told there is a hot tub on the deck behind the office. We went to look at it and again found water that looked less than clean. That hot tub was overed with a tarp which was held in place by a 2x4 board. There is a sign in the room that tells you not to try using the microwave, coffee maker and plug in a hair dryer at the same time. When we had asked for fresh towells, we were greeted with such an attitude that we decided to just go to the store and buy toilet paper and soap. We stayed there two nights and the morning after our first night our room was never cleaned. After two nights we decided to pack up and go home. What a lousy experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We have been traveling across America for 8 weeks and this was easily the worst place we have stayed!!! We have stayed in MUCH nice motels for half the price.
Firstly the door to the room did not lock from the outside, anyone could have walked in and stolen our belongings while we were not there, we even confirmed this with the staff, who was not ashamed to admit the fact.
Secondly, the room was located in what seemed to be a temporary structure.
The decor of the room looked like a ' mountain lodge' themed room you would find in a brothel in the 80's. The room was dusty and we ended up using our own sheets.
The advertised 'Cable TV' consisted of 5 snowy channels.
Generally poor, over-priced and would definitely not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hua Hin, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I chose this place due to the location to Yellowstone. The young gal at the front desk was the most pleasant part of our stay. We had a pet so this was another reason to stay here.
The room was small shower barely fits one person the TV didn’t work half the time when it did no cable or TV channels …. No wifi as promised.
I called the front desk (somebody) was working on this issues but 3 days later still no change.
The location to Yellowstone is 20 min away. There are a few restaurants around the hotel the one across the street treats you right.
This is No major hotel with 5 stars so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Goodyear
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Where to start..got into bed only to find the blanket had lots of spots of what appeared to be dried blood! Office of course closes at 10pm so I couldn't get a clean blanket. When checking out the next morning, my husband brought it to the girls attention. Her response "ugh, what do you want!?" his response, wash the sheets! She then says and I quote "my husband just washed them in JUNE!!" this was July 7! I don't care how much it cost, clean sheets and blankets are a MUST.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Clarkston, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We booked our room through expedia a few months prior to our weekend getaway. I needed a deluxe room that should have had a tub in it. When we arrived they gave us a room for handicaps with ramps and rails and nothing deluxe in it. I told them that I must have got the wrong room and they put us up for a nicer room that night and told us to com and talk to the manager in the morning. In the morning I arrived at the check in counter right as they were opening. I was not the only customer in line with a complaint. Others had no hot water and some had toilets about to overflow. When it was my turn to speak with the manager she was extremely RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL and told me it was my fault for booking through expedia. She called expedia and told her my problem I was having with my room and how the room was "not good enough for her and I don't know why" I felt totally embarrassed and in shock that she was so unprofessional. All I wanted was the room that I booked for. She ended up switching us room again(3rd time). She told me that since I was so demanding to have a tub and deluxe room that someone else will just be assigned to the handicap room. This was my worst experience ever in resort. I will never be back. I expected a lot more for what I got. They have false advertising because the picture are nothing like it really is. All I wanted was a nice place to have a getaway, not a trashy hole!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
North Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This motel-resort is located approximately 25 minutes from West Yellowstone. I actually booked two rooms because my husband and I were meeting a friend and going to Yellowstone together.

The price was very resonable. The rooms were clean. There was maid service every day. And once we quit freaking out about never seeing anyone at the office we actually had a nice stay.
BUT BE WARNED;
1) I had mapqested AND googled maped the address before had only to get extremely lost on what seemed to be a logging road! WHEN WE WERE TRYING TO FIND THE MOTEL WE HAD TO LEAVE A MESSAGE, NO ONE EVER CALLED US BACK.
2) Once we actually found the place (around 6 p.m.) the office was closed-with a sign in the window telling us to pick-up our room keys in the black box (like a mailbox)
So inconclusion, if you can get past a few things (like not seeing any staff ever) it isn't so bad. You need to know that Island Park, Idaho is not a big sized city. It is more like a town. When we went to eat a meal the people were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Sawtelle Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!