“misleading information” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
shelley
“misleading information”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

we were told they didnt have a romance package available,but when we checked in the man told us it was to bad that we didnt let them know that for $30 more we could have had a romance package. We were very diappointed, we were there celebrating out 15th anniversary, it would have been nice to have the flowers and etc for my wife. Felt like the hotel didnt even want to help with the situation or make it right Then we asked to look at thr local paper and we were told they didnt have one,i have never heard of such a thing maybe we wanted to know what fun things were going on in the community. Not sure we will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
amago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Kristy M ~

We appreciate your review and sorry that you felt mislead. As far as the Romance Package goes we require a 2 day booking window for this package which you can book online or by calling the front desk. The package includes breakfast for 2, cider or champange, and half a dozen chocolate cover strawberries. We try to accomodate all request of our guest and sorry we failed. You also mentioned a local paper. We carry the USA today but, we could of looked up what was going on in the area. We hope that you will give us another chance and if you do you can call me personally and I would love to help you out.

Thanks again,
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn is exceptional. It is beautifully designed, decorated, maintained and managed. The breakfast buffet was to die for. The furnishings, the bedding, everything about this property exceeded our expectations. We stayed there for a weekend get-away, and we wished we had stayed longer. The staff are very professional, cordial and helpful. We will be certain to go back there again and again.

Room Tip: You can get a gorgeous river-view room for a little extra money. Worth it!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Qualityforme ~

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback from our guest. It sounds like you had a great stay and we are glad you will come back to visit us the next time you are in Idaho Falls.

Thanks again!!

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have to say this is one of the best Hilton Garden Inn's I have stayed at. I come to Idaho Falls regularly for business and have never had a bad experience at this property. I love walking in and the guest greet me by name, check in me in quickly and send me on my way. The only issue that I have had were the beds but, finally one of the front desk staff members told me about the little dials on each side of the mattress. After I found out about that I feel great the next morning. I always enjoying visiting my home away from home.. Keep up the great job!

Room Tip: Just remember to set the dials and wait for the air to fill up.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We live nearby and visit Idaho Falls often. The young man at the counter was rude and arrogant. When my husband came in with the bags , this kid looked him up and down and snickered. (My husband is built like a pro football player, so not sure what the problem was). It put a damper on our stay and we won't be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
amago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry that you were treated this way. We strive to treat all of our guest like family and not sure what happened. I would like to talk to you more about this if you could call at the hotel 208. 522. 9500 x 710. Other then this I am glad your stay was enjoyable.

Thanks again,
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here January 8 - 13, 2012 for business. The staff were great, they have cookies in the afternoons, always have fresh coffee and a water cooler, and the property was very clean. They have a unique mattress called the Garden Sleep System by Natural Form. It is a mattress that has nine baffles on each side of the bed and a very soft wool top. I am sure most people like this mattress that uses a valve to control the firmness. I prefer a very hard mattress and I found out later I could have requested a roll-away bed. I think most people would be very happy with their mattress, it is unique.

They had a cook to order breakfast for $10 in the morning which was fantastic and I had egg beater omlette's with fruit every morning.

I would highly recommend this property in Idaho Falls.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be fine. Although the hotel appeared full, I heard very little noise fr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
amago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Garden Inn ~ Idaho Falls. We appreciate your kind words about our property. I would have to agree with you that we do have a great team here. As I am typing the warm cookies are getting ready to be put out. We do serve cookies daily at 5pm. I am sorry our beds didn't get hard enough for you but, yes in the future we would be more than happy to put a roll-a-way in your room.

And yes, breakfast..the most important meal of the day... The Great American Grill serves breakfast daily. It is a full cook to order hot breakfast for $9.95. You also have 2 ways of getting breakfast included in your rate. We offer a Bed and breakfast rate or if you are a Hilton Honors memeber with a Gold or Diamond status you can choose breakfast or an extra 750 bonus points.

We look forward in seeing you again the next time you are in Idaho Falls.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

I am impressed. Nice clean hotel, friendly staff. One thing it could improve is the TV reception.
Will come back, definitively. The value is the best part

• Stayed January 2012
amago, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoy hearing the feedback from our guest. We take pride in our property and glad that you were impressed. We appreciate the comment about the TV and have passed the comments onto our Cheif Engineer. We look forward in you coming to stay with us again on your next visit to Idaho Falls.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I spent two nights at Hilton Garden Inn over New Year's weekend. It's located on the Snake River (so if you have a room with a River View its quite lovely). The local Mormon temple dominates the landscape. The hotel is clean, modern (flat screen tvs, etc). Good fitness room and pool, $10.00 cook to order breakfasts, friendly staff. It's the priciest but best property in Idaho Falls. There is a Chili's, Applebee's, Starbuck's, Dave's Famous BBQ within 2 minutes drive (you could walk to Chili's or Applebee's if you wanted). Walmart is also about 2 min. drive away from the hotel if you wanted to put some things in the room's fridge.

The only reason I don't give it four stars is because I think it could do a better job with its HIlton Honors guests. The perks are good (free internet and free breakfast for my level), but I have been spoiled by the Hilton Garden Inn in SLC, that goes out of it's way to address me by name, greet me, etc. It sounds small, but if you are on the road a lot, these small things, make it a little homier experience, and it only takes a little effort to learn the names of your guests, or when you have their name in front of you (which staff did on several occasions, to use it when addressing me). This hotel could go from good to great with some small customer service improvements for their HH guests, since the property is top notch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Best Hotel in Idaho Falls...Thank you for those kind works.. We enjoy coming to work every day because of the great location, great guest and great view. We take pride in our hotel and our housekeeping and housemen staff do a great job keeping our hotel clean.

We look forward in seeing you on your next visit to Idaho Falls..

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls? Share your experiences!