“Awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been to many Italian places, and there is nothing better than Il Castello. The food is absolutely amazing. I ordered their chicken Alfredo, their noodles are homemade, there was plenty of Alfredo sauce and the chicken was very lean. The service was also really good they did a very good job with keeping our drinks full. So I would definitely recommend this place I just wish they had one In salt lake :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“WOW! Finally a real Italian Restaurant in Idaho Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This restaurant would be very good anywhere--the food and presentation were great. But the fact that it is in Idaho Fall, a desert for dining, is remarkable. I had a lunch eggplant parmesan that came with a phenomenal squash soup that had a cayenne zest. The eggplant was not traditional, lightly breaded, light on the marinara and topped with a cheese crisped. Big portion, I brought 1/2 of it home after the wonderful soup. My friend had the caesar salad because the soup was too spicy for her. We shared a triple pane cotta desert, lemon, hazelnut, berry that we loved. Food was so good I brought a lasagna dinner home to hubby. They make their own pasta. Can't wait to go back. This restaurant has been around awhile and was just ok until the new owners, new chef took over in April. Hope they stick around.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I ate here at IL Castello's a couple weeks ago and loved it! With the new menus and management, this place is awesome! I highly recommend it! Thanks

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Risotto Rules”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Creamiest risotto I've ever had. I don't often eat rich food, but when I do, I do it well. Compliments to this restaurant! Job well done.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Do NOT waste your time or money on this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

First off, let me begin by warning you all that this place is NO longer being owned of operated by the executive chef that first opened the doors in 2011! Consequently, the new owners/managers threw away the old menu and created a whole new one that quite blatantly sucks! My friends and I knew about the new management before dining in for lunch but we were hopeful that the new menu would have newer and exciting dishes that would be even better than before: BOY we were so WRONG! we went there one day after work for a late lunch and were the only people in the restaurant, which was fine because we can get pretty loud! However, because we were the only people in the restaurant we were expecting prompt and professional service, which we did not receive. Our server was polite but her overall attitude was indifference. We ordered a couple of appetizers: fried mozzarella and calamari. The poor calamari was drowned in a meaty and greasy chorizo sauce? What!? And it was bland at that. we hated it! The mozzarella was better; but really, how can you go wrong with that? But like the calamari it was served in a bowl on top of a mountain of bland nasty tasting marinara. The server proudly informed us about how the pasta was now homemade fresh every morning, so we had high hopes for that one. Two words: painful disappointment. The noodles were fat, hard, and absolutely tasteless. I could go on for hours but let me sum it up with: this restaurant was once full of potential and priceless dishes like Alfredo manicotti and Greek pasta, and the ever so scrumptious portobello mushrooms, but is now sadly an establishment that will sadly not survive for much longer in IF. At least not with that new awful menu, that who knows WHO came up with. Probably someone who has never heard of salt before! This critique may seem brutally harsh but let me assure you it's 100% accurate! At least as of 5/13/13! wasn't worth the money or time spent there. We were crushed with disappointment!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere