“Perfect for the Profoundly Deaf” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel on the Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   475 River Parkway, Idaho Falls, ID 83402   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Gibraltar
“Perfect for the Profoundly Deaf”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are a retired war correspondent, soldier or mobster missing the sound of gunfire then this is the hotel for you!

Until 1.00am in the morning we were kept awake by the constant crashing of doors slamming. Then at 7.0am it started again as departing guests and the cleaners joined in to see who could make the most noise

Please guys, fit the doors with closers and line the door frames with felt so that doors close quietly. You could do the whole hotel for about $10,000 and get the money back in a season

Everything else is just superb - if you are profoundly deaf then this place will be just perfect

Room Tip: High up and facing the falls
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We value and appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay with us. Our property is generally a very quiet one and we respond to all noise complaints that we receive. I’m unsure of when your exact stay was but I can assure you that none of the staff was involved in any doors slamming; our housekeeping staff does not start until 10am. Please accept our sincerest apologizes for any inconveniences this may have caused you. If you ever travel to the Idaho Falls area again please contact us directly, we would be happy to have you as our guest again and ensure that you have a pleasant and peaceful stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently checked in to another hotel down the street that had black mold in the bathroom. I immediately checked out and went on the search for a room. When I pulled up to the round tower, I went in and the desk clerk greeted me with a very welcoming smile. When I asked to see a room he called a very courtious sells person who showed me 2 different rooms. When I explained my situation from the other hotel he matched the rate and even upgraded my room to what he called a view of the falls room and included a continential breakfast voucher. I would say the value and extra's are well worth any extra money I will spend the next time I travel to Idaho Falls!

• Stayed January 2013
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I'm very glad that we were able to help make your trip a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The Hotel on the Falls' goal is to ensure that the guest knows that they are our number one priority. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are ever in the area again, we would love to welcome you back as our guest. Thank you again!
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have to totally disagree with the person who says "DO NOT STAY HERE" I recently stayed at this property over the holidays and found it to be one of the best values I have experienced in long time. The staff was exceptional, my internet worked great, the room was updated and was very clean. The views from this hotel are amazing. Its central location to nearby restaurants, the histroic downtown and it being on the Falls itself make this the "must stay" property in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay, we strive to exceed guest expectations here at the Hotel on the Falls. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you travel through this area again, we would love to have you as a guest again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I just stayed here and it was horrible! Very old establishment, horrible breakfast, and they don't even have real room service. Internet didn't work and staff was rude and incompetent. Seriously, you get what you pay for. STAY AT THE HILTON.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. It is not common for our guests to have complaints such as yours. We strive to give all of our guests the highest level of service. While our building is an older building we are constantly renovating and upgrading our rooms to reflect a high standard for our guests to enjoy along with our view. Please contact me personally if you are ever in the area again, I would love to speak with you and make sure that your next visit to Idaho Falls and stay with us meets and exceeds your expectations.
Houlton, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The only reason I gave this hotel a less than average rating is due to the poor internet service, and lack of willingness of the staff to try and resolve this issue. The room itself was nice. It's clean, and up to date aside from the old TV. But anyway, I was here for 6 nights, and on the first night I tried to connect to the internet which was very easy but thats as far as I got. Connected. I had a full signal, and there was nothing wrong with my connection, but when I try checking my email it wouldn't even load the page. I called the tech support number that was provided on a card in the room and they said they would have to call the front desk because they couldn't even log on due to it being so slow. I waited a few hours and still nothing. The next day I tried it again and couldnt get anywhere so I called the front desk. The girl said someone would fix it. I waited an hour or so and my computer was connected the whole time. Apparently they didn't even bother to reset anything because it never disconnected me. I called back and she said "well ours is working fine here at the front desk." WTF?! "I think she reset it a while ago." I said "Are you sure it's the same wireless router? I am on the 6th floor you know." "Oh ya its the same one I'm sure," and she left it at that. I'm thinking how in the hell could one router be running the whole building? Needless to say I tried a few times, and got sick of feeling like I was a nuisance and I could picture them rolling their eyes as I asked for help. It sounds to me like they get this same question all the time and eventually they just tell you what you want to hear so you will think that it must just be your computer.
Well it's the last day that I'm staying here and I finally got some kind of connection that I could actually use. If you're looking for a place to do some work from and need to send emails then I wouldn't recommend it. If they get this problem fixed then I could see this place being pretty decent.
P.S. Every time someone flushes the toilet upstairs I hear a knocking sound in the bathroom. I think thats why people think the place is haunted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you were having with the internet. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and let us know about your stay, it is not at all common for our guests to have problems with the internet, please be assured that this issue has been investigated and resolved. Please let me know if you are ever traveling to this area again, I would be more then happy to make sure that we meet all your needs.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel with my wife who is a travel agent. It helps when reviewing hotels because my name isn't mentioned usually during check-in and I can come up with honest reviews.

As soon as I got to this hotel the first thing I noticed was the amazing exterior paint job that they have done since the last time I was here. It really helped the look of the place and I have to say I was very impressed.

Once inside after my wife had checked us in with her travel agent discount(that they honored), I was instantly greeted with a fresh smell that is rare in places of so much useage. It really smelt like home or even better I could say.
Nice sleepy paintings along the walls, and what seemed to be freshly cleaned or made new carpets - not a spec of dust anywhere on the carpet this time.

The elavator was in much better condition as well this time, and I have to say one of the more safe feeling ones I've been in before.

Our room was on the 5th floor tonight, room 583 which gave an amazing view of the water front, temple and just really creates a nice set aside fealing.
The belcony was a pleasent place to smoke as well, while enjoying the sound of the waterfalls and the lights from the temple directly across the easy to cross street outside the hotel.

One thing I realy was impressed with this hotel was it's efforts for being an Eco Friendly enviornment. All of their linens are washed daily so that the useage of water and power to clean them well is reduced over time - and also insures clean bedding every night which was really nice to come too.

For those that like to work out in the morning or late evening, you would definately be impressed with the gym as well. Several work out stations and TVs, not to mention the Jacuzzi that runs 24/7 as well as the dry sauna. I've worked in some very nice hotels before - and this room felt a lot more spacious and airflowing for working out in, I didn't feel the clusterphobicness I usualy do in hotel gyms.

Last but not least the Staff. I would have to say that the hotel desk gentleman was very kind and welcoming. Although he could probably use a little bit of help with his phone skills when directing people on how to connect to the internet, his over all effort was excellent and he smiled each time he met up with my wife and I during this visit so far.
I have yet to meet the morning staff before we take off for a Disney Cruise, but I expect from what I've seen so far that I will not be dissapointed.

Keep it up Hotel on The Falls your coming around!

The reason I felt so compelled to write this review in as much detail as i have, is because this is a hotel that has actually gained much from the reviews posted.
The last time my wife and I stayed here when it was under other managment, it was definately not even half of the quality this hotel is now.

Definately recommend this place of the ones in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay, we take great pride in guest satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you travel through this area again, I would be happy to help make your stay memorable.

Boise Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our flight was diverted from BOI to IDA and United put us up here for the night. The airport and local crew were overwhelmed, but the staff of the hotel were classic professionals. They checked us all in, the made sure we had everything, their shuttle drivers and breakfast staff were very qualified. I doubt I ever end up back in idaho falls, but if I do, this is where I will stay

Room Tip: You should try for a view of the river. It isn't much, but it's the best view in the house
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your and your fellow passengers and help meet your needs. Please let us know if you do ever come back to Idaho Falls, we would love to have you as a guest with us again.

Brook Barber

Been to Hotel on the Falls? Share your experiences!