“Location was great.... rooms were overrated.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel on the Falls
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   475 River Parkway, Idaho Falls, ID 83402   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Location was great.... rooms were overrated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got a poolside room for 2 nights. The location was great - right next to the falls and the Riverwalk. The rooms had been renovated which was nicely done, however, the bathtub drained very slowly. The walls are paper thin and I heard our neighbours throughout the night. The restaurant had average food but the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brady K, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear nimzer ~

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I need to apologize for the lateness in our response! I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position and am trying to catch up on the reviews. I am glad that you found the Cabana / Poolside rooms to your liking. That is nice to hear.

Brady G. Kraupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were so pleased with all the attention we received. The managers worked with us for all the needs we had. The breakfast was delicious and abundant. All the housekeeping personnel went out of their way to treat us like royalty. Rooms were big and comfortable. We will recommend your hotel to our friends.

Dear Claudia D ~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at Hotel on the Falls. I need to apologize for the lack of follow through with the previous manage teams that never responded to your review.

It is nice to see that the staff went above and beyond to make your Wedding experience a good one. Many of those staff members are now in management and are striving to keep those experiences going for other guests.

I hope you get a chance to visit us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Location was nice. Service and rooms were a failure. It is hotel run by amateurs. Elevators didn't work, vending machines with no water, in fact all of them on the property including the 7 floors we walked. The man at the desk did go to the restaurant and gave us water, which was nice. Rooms were clean but in need of repair. The walls are paper thin, you can hear the folks next door, in fact any conversation and usage of the restroom.
The restaurant was a joke at best. Once you cleared off a table and found your own silverware, it was eat whatever you could find. The waitress never acknowledged us once, except when we left. No coffee, food was disgusting, the cereal was good.
Don't be fooled by the pictures and lobby.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear WPHall ~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position at the Hotel on the Falls and your review gives me some great insight on what I need to be looking at to change. I apologize for your experience, but please be assured that I have added your concerns to my list and will be addressing them immediately.

Thanks,

Pasadena, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

While interior design is somewhat dated, the room was comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located just a few steps from the Riverwalk and the Snake River with its falls. The staff was helpful and cooperative in organizing a room change due to physical limitations (could not walk up the 20 steps to the second floor in the two-story building). The buffet breakfast was adequate, and a bargain at an extra charge of only $3. I would not hesitate to stay there again -- maybe next July 4 because word from locals is that the city puts on a spectacular fireworks show which is best viewed from hotel balconies in that neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charles F ~

Thanks for the review on TripAdvisor! Sorry, you did not get a response 2 years ago. I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position and am in the process of catching up on what the previous management teams did not finish.

I am pleased to read that you had a positive experience. You mention the two things I love most about this Hotel. One, it sits on the Snake River and the beautiful walkway around the Falls. I hope you get a chance to stay during the 4th of July, because it is spectacular.

Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I paid for 22 nights and one night in the Presidential Suite. We loved the rooms. They had all been renovated. Beds were nice. Had a great view of the falls. Great breakfast everyday. Breakfast was part of the price. That saved me money everyday. Staff went of their way to make sure all my needs and my guests needs were met. Staff was very accommodating to see that all my party was taken care of. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. They are willing to work with you on price for multiply rooms. Great bang for the buck!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower. Rooms are larger than most hotels
Dear vin d~

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your very positive review from 2012. I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position and it is nice to see that we help make your wedding party comfortable.

If we can help with any other events that come along, please reach out to us again. We have a lot of new faces, but are holding to the same principles.

Carlsbad, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had many family members coming into town for a funeral. They we soooo kind and helpful! The hotel staff worked with us on rooms so we could have our family all together. It was all "last minute" and we're grateful for their help.

P.S. The view of the Falls was incredible.

Dear Linda H ~

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor, even at your time of grief. I have recently been promoted to the General Manager of this Hotel and am trying to catch up on reviews that have not been responded to.

I am glad to hear that the staff 2 years ago helped out while you and your family were grieving a loss. I am sure that the current staff would do the same.

Hemet, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked this hotel because of the picture on their site and its location to the falls. What a surprise when we were assigned a room in a separate building (nothing like the picture) with an outside door directly to the street (we are seniors and do not like to stay in a room to the outside), carpet was dirty, shower head barely worked, room was dingy - all-in-all a very poor experience. Please alert all your readers that if they book this hotel, they should be sure and request a room inside the hotel and not in the motel-like building next to the high rise hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room inside the hotel and not the motel-like building next to the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Charlene M~

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at Hotel on the Falls and am trying to catch up on what the previous management teams have not replied to.

Although it has been almost 2 years since your visit your review is very helpful to me to see what needs improved upon. I agree that our Cabana / Poolside rooms are not the same as the high rise Tower and they do need some help. We have started on a plan to make such improvements and hope you would consider giving us another try.

Brady G. Kraupp

Been to Hotel on the Falls? Share your experiences!