“convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Idaho Falls
Challis, Idaho
“convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location is so convenient to the theater center, the mall and other major retailers, restaurants, and Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center; yet it is in a quiet location with easy access. The breakfast area is large and the assortment of items is first rate, including freshly cooked hot items and fresh fruits. Large spa tubs are available, even in ADA rooms. Room heating is excellent and "quiet." Only downside is the ceramic tile floors around the sink and bathroom are "really cold" on the feet.

Room Tip: Some rooms have large spa tubs at a regular room price...well worth the request.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Swan Valley, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I went for a date night getaway. All of the staff we encountered during our 1 night stay were all very attentive and welcoming! Our room was extremely clean so kudos to the housekeeping department. We loved that the pool is open 24/7. We stayed in the king jacuzzi room which was a great room to spend an evening away. The location of the Hotel was really great as well. Quite a few restaraunts to chose from just a short walking distance away.

Room Tip: King jacuzzi room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to stop here on our road trip. I got the room with points so I booked the room with a tub. To or surprise and delight, the room was a two story suite with a giant tub in the loft. The bed was in its own room and it felt more like an apartment. It was truly an awesome night. We will always stop here when passing through.

• Stayed December 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cashed in some reward points so we could be alone and leave her son alone on New Years. This use to be an Ameritel and the transformation was nice. One of the better LQ's I have stayed at. Our King room was huge, the bed great, extra pillows on demand. Nice large pool and a hot tub. Breakfast had the usual LQ choices plus scrambled eggs and biscuits. Wish all LQ's were like this one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Leduc, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I were passing thru Idaho Falls on our way to Las Vegas for Christmas. We've never stayed at a La Quinta before but glad we did. It was a long day of travel and the staff made our stay very enjoyable. Friendly service, wonderful nights sleep, and a great breakfast made our stay memorable. We will stay here on our way back home. Thanks to eveyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

121212 ..the luckiest day of the year – which is why I chose it for the first day of my greatest road trip ever. Leaving my home in Calgary for the Sea of Cortez and beyond. No Sweetie this time to pick our hotels so I have to rely on my fellow TripAdvisor travellers to point me in the right direction. Just Rod and I. Ugly weather to start our journey – We were able to make it to Idaho Falls the first night.

The #1 TripAdvisor hotel for Idaho Falls is La Quinta. A bit of a challenge to find but well worth the hunt and at a great price. The #1 attribute of this Inn is just how quiet and peaceful it is. Far from the noise of I15 and well past the railroad tracks – situated off the main road by almost a block. Residential homes at it’s back and a great selection of restaurants and movie theatres at it’s sides – this is the perfect, safe, peaceful location for families, business travellers and… everyone else. Impressive from the front door in - the staff, the layout, the pool and hot tub, incredible workout room, a guest laundry room, the list goes on and on. And all smoke free. Nice room – clean, well appointed with the things we travellers like to see – microwave, fridge, iron and board, plenty of places to put your clothes and sundries. And something I have never seen before – two phones - one in the bathroom…. beside the toilet. Interesting. The rest of the bathroom was …ok. Older tub enclosure, not quite `princess` water pressure but nothing to complain about - or write home about either. Great little work desk with plenty of plugs for all your gadgets. The wifi was a bit slow but there was a broadband plug and the night manager was good enough to lend me a cable. Gorgeous LG big, flat screen TV with a great cable package – it was the perfect way to watch the Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert. But be careful…very, very careful of the bed. This is without a doubt , one of the nicest beds I have ever slept in. With 5 big overstuffed feather pillows , this super soft, cosy, comfy.. trap.. just doesn`t want to let you leave in the morning. I slept like a log until 9:30, well past my set time of departure. I also missed the hot breakfast in the morning. But no problem, the always friendly and helpful staff made sure I got my scrambled eggs and bacon and coffee. By the time I left I knew why my fellow travellers chose this Inn as the best in town. But I had to work a bit too hard to find it. Unlike all the other La Quintas I passed along the way – there was no signs along I15 – or else I missed it. If I hadn`t been so focussed on staying here, I would have given up and stayed elsewhere. A sign at the Sunnyside Rd exit would have been perfect. So thank you to my fellow TripAdvisor travellers, this was the perfect place for our first night on the road.

I shot video of the Inn @ http://youtu.be/U8w1_D9eoDY

Location @ www.yolotraveller.com

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Idaho Falls? Share your experiences!