“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Idaho Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Red Deer, Canada
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Without a doubt, one of the finest hotels we have stayed in. The staff was friendly and helpful. We checked in rather late, but they had soup, baked cookies and other foods available. The room was very clean and comfortable. Wifi was available and solid. Daily newspapers were available. The breakfast in the morning was substantial. Eggs, waffles, fruit etc. A great start to a day of travelling. We will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I must say I was happily surprised by the hospitality of everyone at this hotel. After traveling for almost twelve hours, I was informed that the friend I was meeting had become stuck in a snow bank and could not get me. He suggested I grab a room at the Sleep Inn in Idaho Falls, and I'm glad he did. They picked me up in the free shuttle at the airport, checked me in, and even had a warm bowl of soup for me even though it was pretty late. The next day, I found out that my friend was still not able to drive out and pick me up, but the staff was incredibly kind and allowed me to stay well beyond the normal check out time due to my difficulties.

The complimentary breakfast, was also a nice and appreciated touch. My room was very clean, with a large and comfortable bed and nice shower. By that I mean, it wasn't one of those shower heads that put out almost no water. I could actually soak and enjoy my shower.

My favorite part, however, was that every single person I met who worked there, from the cleaning ladies, to the people at the front desk, were ALL super friendly, warm people. I will stay there again should I be in Idaho Falls in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to be offered your choice of three different homemade soups served with hot garlic bread or cornbread when we arrived at about 6PM on a cold January evening.
Along with the breakfast provided we saved a great deal on our trip expense. The personnel was very friendly as well. We definitely will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nice clean and quiet motel easily accessed off the freeway. The rooms were spotless and the staff there friendly. A great continental breakfast and there is even a light evening meal, different soups and breads 'till 9pm.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pueblo, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

This is without question, the finest Sleep Inn property that I've stayed in. The only downside to the hotel is that there are almost no restaurants within walking distance, as it is located two miles from Idaho Falls. The positives are numerous. It is very clean and well maintained. They serve a free soup social four days a week. All rooms have wide screen televisions, although they lack HD. The staff was wonderful. When I got to my room, I noticed that ESPN was not available on their cable programing. As a business traveler that spend 150 nights a year in hotels, this was an issue with me. The front desk clerk told me that the cable company was having problems providing ESPN to their hotel. I met with management the following morning and told them that not having ESPN was probably costing them repeat business travelers. The manager told me she was going to call their cable company and see if she could straighten things out. I figured she was just patronizing me, and nothing would be done. Much to my surprise, she met me at the elevator when I arrived that evening and told me they had fixed the problem and ESPN was now on their programming. That's impressive. The hotel has all the amenities you would expect with more upscale chains, including a business center and a fitness center. Rates are quite competitive, about $30 lower than most other chains in the area. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sonoma, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have to disagree with the positive ratings other TripAdvisors have given this property. While it is new, clean and comfortable, I had the following negative experiences here during my Nov 11/12, 2011 stay:

* Property is cannot be located using a GPS device. It's address on the Choice Hotels website is not searchable on Google Maps or on GPS devices. The link to the property's map on the Choice Hotel website goes to a "bad link" page. The hotel can be seen from Interstate 15 if you come to Idaho Falls that way. Otherwise, you cannot find it.

* There is significant road construction on the ramps/roads around this property.

* Restaurants / amenities are located several miles from the hotel. The property is located "away" from "downtown" Idaho Falls.

* The breakfast was not very inviting.

* The "breakfast lady" as much told me that I had to leave the dining area while I was eating because a "large group" was expected in a few minutes

* The housekeeping staff repeatedly knocked on my door to clean the room even after I had told them to please come back later.

There are other places to stay in Idaho Falls, and I'd recommend checking those out before deciding to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wickenburg, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Friendly staff, comfortable bed, LaDean the manager makes the BEST homemade soups for a light supper, great breakfast- Best stop on a 4000 mile NW tour.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!