“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for one night while passing through Idaho Falls. The front desk staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel offered free soup bar and cookies the evening that we were there, and breakfast was free the next morning. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable. The location is just outside of the main part of Idaho Falls, but only a couple of miles to some excellent restaurant choices. I will definitely stay there again when I need a hotel in Idaho Falls!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

That's right, aside from the free breakfast that I expected to have, they also had free dinner! There were three choices, Thai meatballs, a soup, and a chili... this was a great surprise and really was excellent. The staff was friendly and helped me weigh my luggage after hours which was really nice. Late evening, freshly baked cookies were provided.

The location is great. Idaho Falls is not a "big" place, so the location is within 1-3 miles of everything. They are one exit south of the main exit for the city. If you want to go out for dinner, you will have to drive as there are only a couple of places to grab a bite within walking distance. But if you are staying at this hotel, you have a car so that works out nice.

The room was new and very clean, with modern furnishings, a flat screen TV, and a nice bed. Bathroom had lots of space to move around and lots of hot water. We stayed at this hotel because we had a flight out early from the airport after a pleasure vacation in Idaho. From the front door of the hotel to the parking at the airport took under 10 minutes. We had visited Craters of the Moon National Monument and the Idaho National Laboratory during the day.

I saw another review about the charge for the safe. I asked to not be charged for that when I checked in and there was no problem, it was waived. There is a big sign describing the safe and the small fee which you can easily see when you check in. The safe fee is actually a really good deal because the fee is to cover the cost of insurance for your items in the safe. Even with the fee the hotel taxes are so low in Idaho that it all comes out to be less than hotels in other states.

I would never even dream of staying anywhere else in Idaho Falls, this Sleep Inn is just perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a farm view facing west, it is very peaceful to look out the window.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mt Juliet, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I cannot say enough about this hotel and it's staff. Our check in began with LaDean and Lynn who were wonderful to two weary travelers at the end of a day. They were pleasant and accommodating answering all our questions and offering suggestions on the area. What a pleasant surprise to know they offered heavy snacks for dinner as well as a terrific breakfast the next morning. Let's not forget the fresh baked cookies as well. I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our first time staying here, on the way to Yellowstone. Our room was very comfortable and the front desk staff was wonderful and friendly. You have to go to Dixie Diner on Channing, not far from this hotel. We ate there twice and it was just great - the front desk staff recommended it. Very quiet, very clean. The free breakfast was much better than you would expect, including biscuits and gravy. We love having a fridge and microwave in our room. An overall great experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
McCall, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of a 10 day road trip. This was the first time that we have ever stayed at a "Sleep Inn" and we were pleasantly surprised. It was a non-smoking facility and was extremely clean, in fact in was like "brand new." The manager is a former caterer and provided homemade soup, salads, and bread in the evening which was a very nice touch. The hot breakfast was also homemade and delicious. Of all of the hotels we stayed in on our trip, this one was the nicest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have stayed at hotels across the nation and the customer service at Sleep Inn in Idaho Falls was by far the best I have ever experienced. The employees called me by first name any time I walked through the lobby and they were always asking if there is anything they could do for me. In addition to the great customer service, the beds were outstanding. I have had 2 back surgeries and until my stay at the Sleep Inn, I have never been able to sleep through the night in a hotel. I slept through the night and woke up well rested, without a sore back. David Vasas at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly and added to my excellent stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the back side of the hotel you have a nice view of the rolling fields.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Moscow, ID
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

New hotels are always great, and this hotel's position just on I-15 makes it a very convenient place to stop. I think the hotel is decent. However, the other reviews of this hotel are, well, suspicious. The information on the breakfast, the days that soup is served, and the manger's names and exact functions can be found in the vast majoirty of these reviews with perfect marks. Weirldy specific if you ask me.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!