“Much improved over the last 6 months” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Hayden
Cuisines: Mexican
“Much improved over the last 6 months”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This place has taken over the Number 1 spot for Mexican eating for us---and we love Mexican cooking. The waiters were very attentive, the food was served promptly, and the HOT food was delicious. My previous rating was 3-stars and I am happy to give this place 5-stars now. We will be back!

Visited April 2014

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“A half step above Taco Bell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Most people eat here because of the continual barrage of coupons this place offers. I have eaten here several times and the food always struck be as having the texture and flavor of something that was dumped out of a can. I will admit that I am probally spoiled, as I grew up in New Mexico, so I do know how Mexican is supposed to be. For my money, Toro Viejo just up the street is a much better option for Mexican food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Will probably not go back...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here because the location was good and they have outdoor seating option. The service was quite slow. They were friendly though. The drinks were good (magaritas) and the cabbage salsa was the only thing I found to be fresh and tasty. Ordered shredded beef taquitos which were what i would call flautas as they were flour tortillas not corn, and they were marginally crisp. The beef did have a good spicy kick. Also sampled the macho burrito and it was not good. A big mushy pile of meat, beans and rice. There was absolutely no varying texture within the burrito. I guess this mexican food is not my style. There are other local mexican restaurants (hayden, cda, post falls) that offer fresher, more flavorful options.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Hayden's Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

A good place to eat when you want to skip cooking and dishes at home, BUT I have had better Mexican food in the Southwest. For Hayden, it is the best. Cheese enchiladas are my (vegitarian) favorite. The friendly manager "remembers your name".

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Careywood, Idaho
“Good food-huge portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance and music of this place was authentic. The food selection was good and the items we selected were huge and tasty. The servers were very courteous and we were surprised when they brought us a dessert after the meal in the same way someplace else might give you a after dinner mint!! It was quite a surprise. Yes, we would recommend it. We were there for a lunch time meal.

Visited April 2013