I stayed at Ca'del Moro for the weekend after valentines with my girlfriend, whilst we both really enjoyed the break, during carnival time. we both agreed on one thing, the hotel sucked!
we ordered a double room, and got a twin room, - thats 2 beds for a couple :/
we realised the balcony door was buggered and had to be slammed shut to close properly, once we found it left open where the cleaner had been and probably couldn't force it to close.
the breakfast is very basic, continental only. was sick of croissant and cold meat after day 2!.
room is VERY tiny, smallest i've ever seen, with a massive wardrobe taking the majority of the space with a tiny tv attached, we came back after midnight one night (everyone wants to see venice after dark right?) and the gates to the hotel were closed, no way inside. just a 6 foot barrier, and hotel security who was sleeping inside the nice warm reception, I had to hop over the barrier (not ideal for my girlfriend wearing her best dress), and wake the knob up, he soon arose when he thought I was a burglar! the hotel is located near the bottom of Lido in the middle of nowhere. distance is a good 20 minute bus ride to the docks and town area of Lido, and then a water bus to Venice which isn't bad if you want quiet away from the husstle and busstle of venice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy