CA’ DE MORO
Rooms are modern, no frill’s, clean with small balcony.
Two single beds which can be pushed together, hanging space with shelf, TV, dressing table. Air-conditioning/heating
Bathroom has toilet ,wash basin, bidet, shower, hair dryer, small bottles of shampoo & body wash, bar of soap, shower cap & ‘personal’ wash. Rooms were made up & towels changed daily.
Breakfast is self-service in the main reception area which was continental with rolls, ham, cheese, cereal, fruit, cake, biscuits, juice/squash Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, hot milk.
Hotel provides a free shuttle mini bus to the water bus station in the morning from 8.30am to 10.30am; it only holds 6 people plus cases, we used it once but other nationalities do not understand first in line!
The complex has a vast amount of tennis courts, open air pool (during summer) with sunbeds & pool bar/restaurant, serving the usual pizza/pasta, we had two meals which were nice. Gym with all the usual equipment. Internet is one euro for one hour, hot spot in reception. There is no beach it is concrete breakwaters, if you want sand you need to go to the main town area & walk along the main road lined with restaurant’s walking away from the waterbus/road bus terminal.
To find Ca’ Del Moro – From the water bus – you will find the bus stops just outside the water bus station on the lido. Take either A or B bus, keep the water on your right hand side, journey will take about 7mins,( activate your ticket). The Lido bus route goes through areas, which have numbers ie 1 of 12 / 2 of 12. You will go through Via Sandro Gallo, will then enter Via Malamocco, get off at 4 of 5, walk in the same direction as the bus for about 60 yards, the hotel is a modern white building on the opposite side of the road a builders yard with paving slabs displayed against the fence is opposite hotel.
Take care on zebra crossings – they won’t stop!!
There is a Coop supermarket one bus stop back towards the town or you can walk it in 4 mins opposite a football ground (they are closed from 1pm -4pm & closes at 7.30pm. There is also a launderette next to Coop, and a small local bar serving snacks & burgers (6 euros & very nice) before you get to the supermarket it is set back with tables outside, they are very friendly, try the drink all the venetians drink, spritz.
MY TOP TIP – TAKE INSECT REPELLENT & DON’T GO OUT WITH OUT IT ON DAY & NIGHT!
Take a trip to Murano & Burano. Go to Fondamenta Nuovo then change, I would go to Burano first, wander around the pretty streets with colourful houses & its own leaning tower, there is a small market in the summer months. Murano have lots of glass blowing factories some charge to watch some are free, there is a very pretty church, doesn’t look much from the outside but the floor is mosaic & colourful glass font, it is close to the museum. If you need the loo it will cost 1.50 euro, check if there is a toilet on the boat.
All public toilets are E1.50 in Venice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy