We arrived at the hotel on Mon 1 October, tired and hungry, to find the hotel closed. We were then moved "to an equivalent, better hotel" - oh, was it now?! Unlike the modern ca del moro, the alternative was a decrepit, run down B&B with absolutely no facilities - it was rather like staying in a museum. As it was a Monday, there was nowhere open to eat and neither did this B&B have anything to offer. We politely kicked off in the morning and the owner lost his temper with us - he became very rude and aggressive. We were offered many explanations as to why the hotel was closed ranging from: bad storm knocking out the generator; earthquake in Bologna(?); the foundations were suspect and the Local Authority had closed it that afternoon (presumably because it was non-compliant in some way). Although none of these 'force majeure' incidents seemed to have affected any other hotels or buildings in the vicinity. After insisting on speaking to the manager of the ca del moro, we were moved to an alternative (sister) hotel later that morning. The staff at this hotel were very helpful and understanding but the hotel itself offered nothing in the way of facilities to enjoy - no pool; no garden; no snack bar, etc. And,surprise, surprise, we never saw the original manager again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy