“Martino is a fantastic guide” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hello, welcome to my tripadvisor page. My name is Martino Rizzi and I am a private tourist guide to the city of Venice, Italy. I do guided tours for individuals and groups to the major monuments and museums of the city of Venice. Walking tours "off the beaten track" and guided visits to the most beautiful islands of the lagoon.Please if you enjoyed my tour leave here your feedback. Thank you!
Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
“Martino is a fantastic guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We did a half day walking tour of Venice with Martino and it was wonderful. Martino is very knowledgeable and has an easygoing style that makes you feel like you are simple out on a stroll. His knowledge of the history of the city is extensive. I highly recommend Martino for a tour if you are in Venice.

Visited May 2014

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Venice is amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited Venice when we were staying on Lake Garda at the Hotel Le Palme in Garda. This was via Inghams the travel company who I must admit are very good. Their tour guide for our excursion
was superb and she set the scene straight away on the coach. The drive there was very pleasant and arriving at the entrance to the city was spectacular. The ferry boat took us into the grand canal where we landed and began our tour on foot. Very hot but shaded parts made it bearable. Very busy in June 2013 and the tour guide said to come back in October when it is quieter. Luckily we had lunch arranged for our group so I was satisfied. Pizza, wine and tiramisu - yummy!
Anyway St Marks square and the Campanile were tremendous, the gondolas we saw seemed to be like London buses in the rush hour, all queuing up. The canals were a bit smelly at times but we quickly moved on to the rialto bridge and the bridge of sighs, near the prison. Our ferry then took us on an hours tour along the grand canal which was especially great because of the breeze it gave us. So I can thoroughly recommend a day trip, longer would be better if you could.

Visited June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Vaporatto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Buy a ticket for 2or3 days and hop on and off the vaporatto. Fantastic. Just enjoy the magnificent views from the lagoon. The people in the ticket office are very helpful. Wrap up well in winter as it was very cold.

Visited December 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Be ready to walk! All the tourist places are within a good walk and are all worth doing! Throw away your pride and be a tourist. I also visited the Navy Museum: great museum and worth the trip. The palace, Bridge of Sighs, all worth doing. I refused to pay 80 euros for a Gondola trip though...just not worth it. They did start to haggle but even so, no thanks.

Visited November 2012
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
“Venice in November”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although we were a little bit worried about the floods there was no sign when we arrived. We stayed on the Lido and the water bus trips back and forth were lovely.

Venice is expensive, but coffee in San Marco Square has to be done, we did this around 8.30 am and hardly a soul in sight, unlike later on in the day. Basillica was amazing, lunch by canal under Rialto Bridge a delight. Bellini in Harry's bar, again very expensive and probably would not do that again, but an experience.

The highlight of the trip had to be a gondola ride, well worth the 100 euros!, we saw much of the back canals and the gondolier even sang. We saw the Bridge of Sighs close up, this was much smaller than I expected. We were not very oppressed with the Arsenal and it was quite 18 euros admittance would not recommend.

The water buses were really efficient, but next time I would try to obtain a pass as it was expensive at @ 15 euros a time.

I would recommend staying on the Lido as it was very tranquil after the hustle and bustle of Venice.

Bren 1812