Enjoyed staying at this hotel. all the things that you expect from a decent hotel were provided - a comfortable bed, good linen, clean towels, clean rooms and bathrooms, showers that work and a bit of space to move around.
There is a slight 'shabby chic' air to the place in that the bathrooms are not ultra modern and there is an air of age and character which I enjoyed but they were not sufficient to be to the detriment of any services or expectations.
I either had very quiet neighbours or the room soundproofing is excellent, always a joy not to hear what everyone else is doing, sadly so rare!
My room was on the second floor at the front and I had no problem with external noises, but sadly not high enough for a view. You need three and above for that.
Breakfasts were a good standard of continental buffet including hot scrambled eggs, which joy of joy were actually edible for the whole five mornings.
The staff were all very helpful and pleasant, but unobtrusive.
I would not hesitate to stay here again provided the room cost is appropriate - I would not pay 1,000 plus a night or anywhere near for the privilege. Does anyone actually pay that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy