We are frequent visitors to Venice and usually stay in Venice . For our last 2 visits we opted to stay on the Lido at this hotel. This time we took a 7 day "Half board in a Junior Suite and Spa faculties & treatment " package.
Location is great, a short walk to the water station and a quick ride to Venice. The room was comfortable and the bed with its overhanging canopy gave the delightful impression that we were sleeping in a medieval castle.
The room and bathroom were both spotlessly clean.
As we would be arriving late at night after the restaurant was closed, I tried to cancel payment for the first evening dinner. I was informed that because we had a package deal this was not possible. Instead they prepared an excellent and adequate cold buffet of meats, cheeses and wine which was waiting for us when we received the room.
On the last day we had an early departure, long before breakfast and they obliged by giving us takeaway packaged breakfasts .
These 2 gestures coupled with the readiness of the friendly, patient and professional front desk staff to assist us at all times with our non ending questions on tides, boat timetables etc, made our stay very enjoyable.
The morning breakfasts were adequate, but frankly, we have had better in Venice. The prepaid evening meals were average and with the same limited choice menu every evening, rather boring.
The spa is excellent and the standard of the massages, outstanding. I had three treatments during our stay and after each treatment walked out feeling years younger and floating a few inches above the ground!
Bottom line; A highly recommended home base, especially if one needs peace and tranquility after busy days of walking in Venice.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Nozio Netplan srl, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.