On arrival at the Grande Albergo you are blown away by the beauty of the building but unfortunately that's where it stops. Our room was small and dirty, we had to wear shoes in the room at all times as the floor was so dirty (including the shower!). Our bed was very hard and so we found it hard to sleep, the only plus point is that the hotel is very well air conditioned which we were thankful for with the 38 degrees heat from outside. Our safe was broken so we reported this straight away to the front desk and they sent a staff member up to help us, he said that they would get us a replacement safe asap and was very apologetic. We waited in our room for around 2 hours for the staff to come back with our safe so that we could go out and they never returned, we asked at the front desk twice more and in the three days that we stayed there the safe did not get changed. The breakfast wasn't much to shout about and there were ants crawling across our table, we moved to the next one and there was still ants on the table. The hotel in places smelt disgusting, there was a strong smell of urine on our floor. The plus side is that the beach down the road is fantastic and free so we spent our time there and away from the hotel and is great for escaping the hustle and bustle of Venice in peak season. We are really disappointed with this hotel as we stayed there as part of our honeymoon and it was far from luxurious.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.