“liz and alan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antonine Wall Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bonnybridge
Antonine Wall Cottages
You added Antonine Wall Cottages to your Saves list
Bonnyside Rd, Bonnyside House, Bonnybridge FK4 2AA , Scotland   |
fife, scotland
“liz and alan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

had great time at antonine wall cottages with my family and we all loved the hot tub and using tha games room, we had great fun on the wii, my first time singing and had a great time. we plan to go back for my 50th birthday and im realy looking forward to it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

I stayed with a group of friends in both cottages for a 30th birthday when we arrived we saw how amazing it was and just kept getting better..... Each cottage has everything u will want or need for a great break away...the games room was great to mingle and the hot tub in Dec was amazing.....there is a Wii loads of games...never short of things to do...they also have loads for the kids to do also..I would defo come back again both with kids and the next girly weekend were us Mums fancy a wee pamper break x

• Stayed December 2011
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here for my hen weekend on 1st and 2nd July and it was better than anything I could have ever imagined!

The facilities were wonderful, and as we had good weather we were able to spend most of our time outdoors enjoying the hot tub and pool.

Each room was individually decorated making it unique, and the there were lots of living areas and the kitchen area was fab!

I totally recommend the Mansion House, and agree with everything my bridesmaid said below :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for two nights On July 1st and 2nd along with around 10-12 other girls for my best friends hen weekend.

Absolutely loved it! We got fabulous weather so we made full use of the swimming pool, hot tub, sauna etc. We had a BBQ on the saturday and went out for dinner on the saturday night.

We hired out the mansion house. The cottages were empty on the friday night so we had the whole place to ourselves and we made full use of it until late in the evening.

There were so many rooms, we hardly used any of the sitting rooms.

The kitchen had excellent facilities. With the mansion house you have to remember it is a house so there are kids bedrooms etc, we thought that this made it quirky but I know some people think it should be more neutral throughout but that takes away from what this place is! If you want that then go to these 10 a penny lodges. Antonine wall cottages/mansion house are unique.

Fiona was excellent and made everything go smoothly for us. We had one problem with hot water but that is because 10 girls were all trying to shower etc at one time, bad planning on our part.

I would recommend this place to everyone and I def plan on going back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

It was for a family party for 20 adults 5 teens and 5 children. We needed something to keep everyone happy and boy did we find it here. We hired the house and the two cottages. The house with all its different rooms, fantastic bathroom on the landing , the cinema / playroom was brilliant for everyone the T.V. room and the quiet rooms, there was always somewhere to have company or to be totally alone. The two cottages were very tastefully decorated and were clean and fully equipped. The games cabin with t v wii pool and football tables bar sink sofas and loo was great it kept all the " KIDS " happy. That leaves the outdoor swimming pool and two ( yes two ) fantastic hot tubs and a sauna then there was the bar- b -cue hut All in all it was FAB - U - LUS .VERY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed at the antonine wall cottages for my hen night in June 2009 and had the best time ever. Myself and all my hens made good use of the outdoor hot tub and bar area. There is also an outdoor heated swimming pool which looked lovely although we didn't get round to using it. There is also a sauna and barbeque hut but again it wasn't something which we used although they did look lovely. The cottages were modern and immaculate and fully equipped. I went back again with my husband and 2 of our friends in May this year and we had a fantastic time, Antonine Wall Cottages are a credit to Fiona and her husband who own them and nothing is ever too much trouble. A group of us are all going for September weekend this year along with all of our children and I can't wait. I love the place so much that I personally recommend it to everyone, whether it's for a hen night, a short break or just a get away with family and friends. It's hard to believe that you are so close to Glasgow, Falkirk & Stirling as the you feel a million miles away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My family and I rent cottages regularly around the UK and all I can say is that Antonine Wall Cottages are, by far, the best we have ever stayed in.
My family and I have just returned from our 8th visit to Doocoot (Antonine Wall Cottages). I (and my extended family) are from Kirkintilloch but live in Essex with my Wife, 2 children and 2 dogs. Since my family has expanded so rapidly we simply could not stay at my mother’s house. The location is fantastic. It is perfectly situated in between Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling (and obviously Falkirk) so as long as you have a car it is ideal for those seeking the city life or those seeking a quieter holiday. The location of Antonine Wall Cottages is beautiful, there are large gardens that are perfect for children to play in and if you have dogs you can run your dogs ragged along the beautiful and historic Antonine Wall. You quite simply cannot beat sitting out in a hot tub...in the middle of a winter’s night, snow on the ground, ice in your hair, drinking champagne; looking at the stars...I would strongly recommend this experience.

The cottages (Doocoot and Hayloft, we have stayed in both) are extremely well furnished, have always been spotlessly clean and are very comfortable.
Fiona and Dave Briggs who own the cottages have always been extremely friendly and helpful (even when my daughter broke one of their children’s Christmas presents the day that she got it). If there have ever been any issues they have been resolved quickly and cheerfully. Both Fiona and Dave have always done all they can to make our holiday as worry free and fun as possible.

Both my wife and I would thoroughly recommend Antonine wall cottages to anyone who is looking forward to a fantastic stay, in a beautiful location, in clean, comfortable accommodation with friendly and accommodating owners.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Antonine Wall Cottages? Share your experiences!