“quite good service and food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Greek
Garden City, Idaho
“quite good service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went for a meal that was different that the average Boise fare. Portion of the special was huge alms more that I could finish. Tasty but not over spiced. Excellent Greek wine. The server was friendly and attentive but not hovering

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Love the food and music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have been there twice, both times for lunch. I had the spanakopita and it was big enough for a meal even though it was listed as an appetizer. My husband had the hero and it was huge and a better value. Our friends had Greek salads and loved them. The music reminds me of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." It's a fun place for Greek food. Some items are a little pricey, but you can find good values on the menu.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lamoille, NV
“Hoped for better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on Trip Advisor and based on the reviews were expecting really good Greek food. My husband and I live in a rural area and look for Greek restaurants whenever we hit a city. We really were looking forward to a quality gyro, and unfortunately this wasn't it. The gyro meat was from Sysco, not from a gyro loaf made on premises. The fries were from Sysco, too, although they did sprinkle them with oregano so they were better than he average Sysco fries. The good news: good service, cute decor, nice small selection of locally brewed beers. The specials DID look like they were made on premises and were probably a better choice. Disappointing that they didn't put more care into such a staple dish.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Our dinner club loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We (8 of us) try a new Boise area restaurant every month, occasionally returning to our favorites. This evening we tried Sofia's and every single one of us left singing its praises. Amazed at the good value, excellent service, and each of our meals. I loved my lemon rice bowl, the sides and sauces, a glass of the Greek wine, the baklava with coffee. Surprised by my low bill! We tried so many different things. The stack of warm pita bread triangles we swooned over. 95 cents! Well, we just loved everything. And will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, wonderful service but prices left much to be desired and felt a little deceitful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

The food was tasteful and plentiful. But unclear on the menu was the fact that soft drinks were charged per drink! I haven't seen a restaurant do that is so long I can't even remember the last time. While the staff were so friendly and helpful I know understand why the staff were so quick to want to keep our drinks full. That was not mentioned when asked if we would like our drink refilled. That was a major disappointment and if it weren't for that I would recommend Sofia's without a second thought. But unfortunately, I can't recommend at visit there. Maybe take out so you don't have all the hidden extra costs but I haven't decided if I'll give it a second chance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere