“Good food, casual atmosphere, OK service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 56 Restaurants in Eagle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Good food, casual atmosphere, OK service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stopped by the Blue Moose for lunch and had a great wrap and sandwiches. Their salads are huge, everything is prepared fresh behind the counter, outdoor and indoor seating is available.

Visited August 2013

Boise, Idaho
“Group on....let it go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We, too, had a Group On that was about to expire. The waitress did her best, but the owner came out, berated her to our table, and set about to tell us how things "really run" there. She then berated us for waiting until the last minute to use our Group On.
Our experience was terrible from the start. The Coupons were good for 150 days....in 150 days, they still couldn't get it right. I would say, "Forego the Group On" and just give me good old fashioned service.
The entire night was understaffed. We had to wait for over 2 hours to have a glass of wine and 2 appetizers. The 2nd appetizer never made it to us and dinner was never mentioned again after the owner came and took our order. We were made to feel that we were terribly inconveniencing them that evening.
Sad, because it is such a cute venue......(although the restroom needed definite "service" to it).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Star, Idaho, United States
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wonderful place to stop for lunch! Great sandwich 's and tons of character! Perfect casual dinning! Huge variety of unique sandwiches, I have tried several a nod everyone was delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“"Friendly service, Tasty food!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I came to the blue moose with a groupon I had purchased and was about to expire, I called and made reservations for Friday evening, when I walked in with my husband the amount of people who had showed up with a groupon also about to expire was a kind of crazy and I felt bad for waiting like all these other people. Our waitress was darling and took great care of us, she really surprised us in how she tried to get to know us in the short time we were there. We always had a refilled water, our appetizers were brought to us upon request, and the peppers were so good we decided to try a cheese plate, whoever plated this did a great job, they were beautifully displayed meats, crackers, and cheeses. The only service that was less than satisfactory was the wine bar, the woman working it, not Marcy the owner seemed to be frazzled and was very short tempered and in your face. She yelled at the waitress in front of customers and I felt bad for the younger girl. Our wine tasting other than that was very thorough and I will be back again for my lunch dates and for dinner(requesting Marcy for my tasting next time!)

Boise, Idaho
“great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a groupon that was about to expire so I called and made reservations with marcy and she told me that service would be a little slower than usual because they were short staffed but that she would do her best and grant everyones groupons. Me and my boyfriend got there and let me just tell you that the food and the service was excellent due to the fact that they had 4 people on staff. We had our food within 15 minutes and it was nice and hot. The waitress was very friendly and was always checking to make sure we had everything that we needed. I would defintly recommend the blue moose café to anyone!!!