“HAIR in my food!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
boise
“HAIR in my food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

I am very disappointed in the service I received at Sakura. I have been there several times and have never had a problem until now. I ordered a bento box and there was a long black hair on it. I called the waitress over and told her and she took the food back. Moments later the waitress had the nerve to tell me it was my hair, suggesting I should take the food back and eat it. This is not possible because the food was literally sitting out in front of me for less than 2 seconds. I stayed while my mother finished her food. The manager behind the sushi bar didn't even say a word to me. I will NEVER go to sakura again!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Boise
“sushi OK, the rest is a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The sushi is serviceable in a pinch, but not even close to the best in the valley, for that, go to Shige's downtown. The rest of the menu is not even close to authentic Japanese. I don't think any of these guys have trained, or possibly even been, to Japan to know how most of the menu should actually taste.

McCall
“worst food for the money I've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Maybe the sushi is good, but my wife and i went expecting a steahouse where they had the presentation in fron tof you. They had one table that offered this. It was 13.00 for the terriaki chicken and 15 for the terriaki beef. both tasted like we got them out of a t.v. dinner. Maybe the sushi's great, but their regular menu is horrific. My wife and I agree we will never give this place a second chance.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Idaho
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Besides the food not being the way we ordered it, we were told that we did not tip them enough and asked to change the amount

Minato, Japan
“best crab sushi west of Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

the best sushi in the Boise area, hands down! try the snow mtn. roll it rocks!