“Great vinegar based sauce!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Eagle
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Great vinegar based sauce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch the other day after I noticed they finally opened to inside seating. I found it a little confusing when I walked in the door. No one to great you and no directions. Is there a counter I should order at or just take a seat? After taking a seat I was greated nicely and offered a menu. I would assume the dinner menu would be more extensive than that of the limited lunch menu and should have asked.
I had the pulled pork sandwich, cole slaw and a couple of ribs. Everything was great and I LOVED the vinegar based sauce! Total cost for lunch $8.50 sandwich and slaw, $4.00 for rib kicker. A little expensive for lunch but I can't complain about the potion size of the sandwich. I would recommend lowering the $$ by a couple dollars, $7.50 and $3.00 would seam more reasonable to me.
Looking forward to returning for dinner. Hope to see the wait staff get things into gear.

Visited April 2013

Boise, ID
“Good place to pig out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had takeout April 6th. Recommend the potato salad and pork sandwich. I like the sauce however wished their were other additional sauces to choose from. The portions are good. I also looked inside and the seating area is nicely remodeled. Can't wait until they get seating outside

Visited April 2013
Emmett, Idaho
“Try the Shrimp Appetizer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Bodacious Pig this week after their recent soft opening. If you like shrimp and appetizers, you've got to try their BBQ Shrimp appetizer - wonderful taste and flavor. I spoke with the owner, Joel, and he affirmed that it took a while to get the sauce right, but right it is! The front-end staff is obviously new and little things (silverware, drink refills) were missed. We split a 3-meat meal (chicken, ribs, tri tip) and all tasted good, albeit a bit dry, especially the ribs. I gave a Very Good because it is clear that this establishment is trying to come up to speed. We'll give them another try. BP has a place for outdoor seating; hopefully, they will get some furniture as the weather warms. Several people tried the outdoor pick-up window. BP has beer and wine available. Their home-made sweet tea was very good.

• Visited April 2013