“Um, yeah.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Caldwell, Idaho
“Um, yeah.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We really liked the Bardenay in Boise last year, so when we had some free time in Eagle, we checked this one out. The very nice patio, right on the Boise River, drew us, so we don't know if the bartender is as awesome as Boises'. The Hilton Garden Inn next door probably gets one of their stars from being this close to a Bardenay. For someone coming from a larger metro (Phoenix), the prices at Bardenay are shockingly. . . . low. Double, treble, the prices are more like it. I still say that their meatloaf sandwich is the bomb. We're moving there, so I'm gonna eat there often. They have a "no kids after xxpm" (forgot when, 10:00pm?), so they clearly switch focus. I consider that a positive. But you could take Grandma here for lunch, or a business lunch, or just park your kayak off the river and grab a cocktail. And a great sandwich. They get it. Yeah, they get it. Even have a parking lot on the side of the building designated as parking for river access. Usually, you'd expect the reverse. Is it The Clift in San Francisco, or The Restaurant in Memphis? No. But it's very good at what it is.

• Visited August 2013

“Always a must stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great energy and wait staff in a restaurant that knows how to create delicious gourmet food at a reasonable price. Their plum wings are a favorite of ours and their Sunday Brunch menu is great! The outdoor patio and seating areas are beautiful as well as cozy spots near the fireplace in inclement weather. We always grab a meal here when on business in Boise.

• Visited October 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Distinguished restaurant/distillery overlooking river with pleasant views and delicious gourmet food. (Their 25 year-old Scotch ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Eagle, Idaho, so the Bardenay was my "local" so to speak. Very crowded every night, difficult to get seating, but always somewhere to sit, whether it was at the well-stocked bar, or out by the river. The food was outstanding. The table service was excellent, the young people who served were knowledgeable about all matters Eagle and got the food and drinks out to the table pdq! I recommend the trout. Cooked with sweet almonds and tasty mash, I am reliving that culinary adventure in my mind down here in Southern California even though it was weeks ago! Pleasant memories indeed...

I am so looking forward to the next opportunity I have to stay at the Hilton and enjoy the Bardenay again...

• Visited August 2013
Payette, Idaho, United States
“LOUD Crowd But Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The parking lot was packed even though it was only 5:15pm on a Wednesday! The inside was almost as full and extremely noisy. The servers were attentive and quick despite the busy-ness of the place. It wasn't easy to decide on gluten-free food I could eat, but their cook was prepared for gluten-free diners and my meal came out tasting delicious without anything to bother my digestion. My friends all raved about the food they ordered as well.

The building is very attractive, the seating is varied from normal tables, tall tables, bar stool seating, and patio seating. The celing is high - like a barn - which did not help with the volume of chatter from the wine club that was meeting there. The floor is just slick enough to give me problems using my cane but not too slick for my shoes. The rest-rooms are centrally located and are clean and well-stocked.

The menu is varied as is the wine-list. We had iced-tea, cola, water and hot tea at our table so we don't have any reviews of the wines available. This was my second visit and it is nice, but not a favorite place for me - I just don't feel like I'm trendy enough to fit in there but younger people might really enjoy it.

Visited September 2013
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Bardenay's on a Saturday afternoon. The restaurant was busy but we had excellent service. I know from other trips here it can be noisy inside. It was on this day.Our server was knowledgeable and always there when we needed something. My husband had a hamburger. Sounds simple but there it was over the top. Not too big, just the right size. There were many options on what you could have on your burger. My husband had bacon and cheese. The bacon didn't taste like left over from that mornings breakfast. I had a simple salad with grilled shrimp and blue cheese, but the blue cheese vinaigrette that was wonderful.

• Visited September 2013