“Really Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Driggs
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Really Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very pleased with this hotel.. The room is huge, has a fridge and microwave, great internet connection. Large breakfast room, and guess what... real china and silverware. I will definetely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

All sorts of problems with my stay. Upon first entering my room and using the toilet I found that it leaked greatly upon flushing. I temporarily "fixed" it by placing plastic over the leaking valve. After the maintenance man looked at it he said he would fix it the next day and that my "fix" was adequate for the time being. The TV remote didn't work. And I was told that I needed to find a laundermat to wash my clothes rather than use the in-house facilities.

This motel has no elevator eventhough it is a multi-story motel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at the Super 8 Hotel for two nights because we wanted to enjoy the quiet side of the Tetons. We wanted to enjoy sunrise over the mountains. After commenting during the day that this was probably one of the best rooms we stayed in during our 24 day vacation (clean, spacious and comfortable beds), we came back to our room to find that used towels were removed but not replaced and that bedding was merely pulled up (in no shape or form a properly made bed). The first night we had to call for toilet paper. After talking with the front desk, I did not feel there was enough concern. Even though we didn't think the staff was rude, we also did not think they had good people skills. That, in our experiences is what makes a place memorable. If they want Super 8 to be a first choice this must change. I would recommend this place but also let them know what could be expected.

• Stayed August 2009
Conroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We originally wanted to stay in Jackson, WY, but hotels were booked up and only ones available were costly. I came across this just browsing around. Got it was $83 I think, stayed there 2 nights. We had the hotel to ourselves. The pool was huge, has baby pool, hot tub and sauna. We loved it. Breakfast was the typical stuff you expect from a continental breakfast, enjoyed it. I too, thought it was knew, I asked, been there about 10 years. Cloudy the whole time we were there, otherwise the Grand Tetons are a great back drop. Only a 45 minute drive to Jackson, and a beautiful drive at that. Will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We had a large group coming from different places to meet in Driggs for a get-together. Unfortunately the Super 8 was the only place we could find vacancies.
When I called to make the reservation the girl who answered the phone (after at least 10 rings during the middle of a weekday) was extremely abrupt and rude. Even when I asked her the rates she acted like it was putting her out but when I asked her the AAA rate she made a condescending sound before giving them to me. There was NOTHING pleassant about making the reservation. In talking to other members of our group, they had the same experience when they made reservations. One said she finally got the girl's name (Codi) and asked to talk to the manager because of the way he was treated. "Codi" refused to give the manager's name.
The worst part was yet to come. Without fail (everyone came at different times of the day) the girl at the front desk treated us all like we were imposing on her. When I got to my room, it was smelly and not too clean. It was late and we soon found out the toilet was clogged. It had to stay that way because "the front desk closes at 10:00 p.m!!!!
Four others in our group had the same problem with the plumbing.
The hotel advertised a continental breakfast which was a joke unless you like day old bread and a nearly empty cereal jar.
The other thing that was frustrating was when the girl charged the room on our card, instead of giving us the AAA rate we had reserved, she gave us a higher rate. When we brought this to her attention, she acted rudely and re-did the charge.
Later, we found out there was lodging at Grand Targhee Resort just a few miles, for only a few more dollars a night. Some in our party ended up doing this and said therir accomodations were great. WE WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT NEXT TIME!! Needless to say we will never, ever stay at this hotel again...IT WAS AWFUL and the service (hah) was even worse.....Stay in Tetonia, or at Grand Targhee Resort or in Rexburg or Idaho Falls...anywhere but here or the Best Western in Driggs which is owned by the same person and we have heard from friends is equally as bad.

• Stayed July 2009
Sharonville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Large room, clean, inexpensive. Very nice for a Super 8. Thirty minutes to Jackson, Wyoming, If all you need is a jumping off place for a drive through the Tetons on the way to Yellowstone, stay here and get up 30 minutes earlier - save 80 bucks. You can actually see the Grand Teton from the parking lot. We ate at a Mexican place (whose name escapes me or I would write a review on it) about a mile down the road - very good (across the street from the one in the bus).

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Viareggio, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

I spent one night here with my wife on the way to Grand Teton and Yellowstone NP. Our first choice was Jackson but rates were too expensive so we decided to move to Idaho via Teton Pass. The motel was very good, we had a well equipped room with a large bathroom. They also have an inner swimming pool. The problem was not the Super8, it was Driggs. There is nothing in it, apart a superb market called Bouling's. We went to sleep early after trying to find a decent place to dine out. Not even a Mc Donald's.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — Driggs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Driggs? Share your experiences!