“Zipline Wonderland!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Skiing, Mountain biking, Snowboarding
Tallahassee, Florida
“Zipline Wonderland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

You have to visit the zip-line at Tamarack resort. Great guides, great views and a great experience.

Visited July 2013

Marion, Iowa
14 attraction reviews
“Great property - limited summertime service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for three nights in July and had a nice stay. It is a smaller resort with, I believe, 57 rooms. The location, views and scenery around the resort at tops. The hotel gym, pool and whirpool areas are also outstanding. The rooms are adequate, with nicely appointed decor, adquate beds and a spacous bathrooms. About half the rooms have balconies which I suggest getting in the summer months.

The resort is a ski focused resort, so the service is limited in the Summer. (The front desk was only staff 8 hrs during our initial days). There was also limited food service - basically lunch and dinner but no breakfast. Donnally is 10 minutes away and McCall is 20 minutes away. McCall is a fun, touristy lake town with plenty of dining options.

We rented bikes one day and enjoyed some off road biking through their "moderate" mountain trails. The "expert" trails exist for the serious bikers.

Visited July 2013
Meridian, Idaho
6 attraction reviews
“We only use the skiing and dining facilities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have a nearby cabin and have purchased family season passes for the past couple of years and we LOVE the mountain here! My 14, 12, & 8 y/o boys love coming here because the staff is friendly, the area is uncrowned and roomy for beginner skiers. The mountain is roomy for all levels of skiers! I really appreciate the level of support the existing owners and community provide to give this place a pulse! Our family will continue to support too. The dining facilities at the bottom of the lifts and the little yurt at the top of one of the chairs is great. After the lifts close, we all shuttle into the seven devils pub for the apre ski get togethers. The rental facility is great too!

I would recommend any aspect of this resort to visitors and explain to them that they must have some understanding of the history surrounding the facility so as to set their expectations at the right level. It is a defunct, unfinished, quality resort with a passionate association and community behind it doing what they can, as best as they can, and as smartly as they can to get it back on its feet one step at a time. These people are in it for the long haul. It will take time.

Visited April 2013
Boise
17 attraction reviews
“Extraordinary skiiing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Of all the Western Idaho resorts, Tamarack opened first, and had the best snow. While Bogus was a literal rock garden in places towards the end, I didn't hit one rock the entire season at Tam. 2800 ft of vertical, and rarely a crowd. Because there are no waiting in lines, 3 hrs of skiing at Tam is like 9 hrs of skiing any place else.

Visited February 2013
Donnelly, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
“My New Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I move to Idaho too late for the 2012 ski season, but I didn't miss 2013! I live 8 miles from Tamarack Ski Resort, and it is where I have spent most of my time this winter. The most spectacular thing about this resort is the view from the top of the mountain! A close second would have to be the lack of people! I have never waited in line for a chairlift, but I occasionally have waited for a drink. There is a great variety of terrain and runs, and the snow conditions have been good this year, even though the locals say the snow has been scarce compared to prior years. The only complaint I have is the lack of beginner runs. My girlfriend has been learning to snowboard this year, and the only beginner terrain was a catwalk which is obviously frustrating for a new snowboarder. All in all, a great hometown resort that is a bit of a sleeper. I

Visited February 2013