“Lives up to its motto--Global Comfort Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Donnelly
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Lives up to its motto--Global Comfort Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I don't know how I have missed this little gem in the past. Some friends introduced me to Buffalo Gal on a recent visit to the Donnelly area and Mercy! it was a great introduction. We were actually there on one of their last weekends of service before their fall break and it was packed. Fortunately we had reservations but even then we had a short wait. The atmosphere is cozy and surprisingly quiet despite the number of guests seated for dinner. On the recommendation of my friends I ordered the Argentinean Braised Brisket --it was divine. The meat was so tender and moist with a braising sauce of red wine & espresso. I was delighted by the depth of flavor and richness of the dish. I would highly recommend checking this place out when you are in the area.

• Visited October 2012

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Who would of thought a small town like Donnelly Idaho would have world class food. This place is a find. Had Chana masala for appetizer with butternut squash soup and Argentinian Braised roast. Amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
idaho
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days in Donnelly at the Tamarack Resort. We ate in Mccall a couple different times and decided to stop at Buffalo Gal and check it out one evening. Wow it was amazing!! You can not judge a book by its cover. This restaurant had the most flavorful food I think I have ever eaten. When I say amazing I am not exagerating, this was such flavorful creative food. We ended up eating here 3 nights in a row. Wonderful food and wonderful service. Do not just drive by this restaurant you need to stop and have a delicious meal. The green curry is to die for!!!

• Visited September 2012
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped for a small plate dinner with my wife. All three items were very good. The PR pork, steak bites and chicken spring rolls were all tasty. A bit pricy, but it is a tourist area. Limited outside seating with counter service, sit inside for service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McCall, Idaho
“Interesting Selection - Limited Seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a casual spot for a leisurely dinner. Good selection of appetizers, entrees and wine. Prices are on the high side (I think for Donnelly), and some portions are a bit small, but always tasty and nicely prepared. The fried calamari was delicious/ but a very small portion for $10. The spaghetti and meat balls was a respectable plate for $13. Our vegetable napoleon was nicely prepared and presented, but there could have been a little more on the plate for the $16 price. Very small salads. With appetizer, entree, wine, coffee and dessert, we did spend $100+ tip, more than one might expect to pay. But, we will go back again.

• Visited July 2012