“Absolutly terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wolf Lodge RV Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coeur d'Alene
Wolf Lodge RV Campground
You added Wolf Lodge RV Campground to your Saves list
12329 E. Frontage Rd., Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814   |
Fall City, Washington
“Absolutly terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the worst camp ground i have ever been to.
First the Internet did not work as promised.
Second the campers were noisy and drunk even after quiet time
Third shower went from cold to hot with out warning.
Fourth campfire smoke was disscusting
Fith I-90 traffic is unbearable, there is no way you can sleep
With semi trucks going by all night.
I left after only being there 4 hours,
Absolutly the worst experience of the year
I would camp in a rest stop before ever comming back to that dump.
And this experience cost me $24.58 for 4 hours in a tent

Room Tip: Stay away or you will be sorry
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Inland Northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The good: The hosts were very friendly on check-in. The trailer site we were assigned was grassy and it was fairly easy to level the trailer. I also had tent site directly across from the trailer site. Nice and level with good space for my tent.

Now for the parts I didn't care for. We were arriving after 8:00 pm so I called at 6:00 pm to double check they had my reservation for one trailer site and one tent site across from the trailer site and they'd be available when we got there. The woman I talked with was confused and befuddled and could not find my reservation. It didn't give me much confidence. When we arrived, they had located the reservation, but check-in took an incredible 20 minutes (frustrating at 8:15 in the evening after a longish drive), despite there being three people in the office. The gentleman who was checking me in stopped several times to take money from kids buying candy or ice cream.

The camping fee includes two people per site. Extras are $3.00. I was there with my daughter and 3 of her friends to take them to the Silverwood Amusement Park on Saturday, so total of 5 people. I took a tent site and let the girls use the trailer. By rights, I should have had to pay for 1 extra person, since we had a total of 5 spread over two sites, but they charged for 2 extras, since the girls were using the trailer. The bathroom facilities are totally inadequate for a CG of this size. I can't speak to the women's bathroom. The men's room had only one toilet stall, one urinal and two showers. No toilet paper in the men's room toilet at 9:00 am Saturday. Two Honey Buckets at the west end of the campground were not very clean and smelled like they needed to be serviced. I got a good WiFi signal sitting outside the office, not at my site. Finally, the CG is quite noisy. It is on the Frontage Road, that being a road running parallel to I-90. There is much traffic noise from trucks, cars and motorcycles: bring ear plugs. Also, many seem to use this campground as one-night stopover. Friday night we had people pulling in and setting up tents right next to us at 11:00 pm. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greenbank, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a great stay. The store attendant was very friendly and offered us a golf cart to go to dinner in since we were on foot. The steakhouse is excellent too! Best filet I've ever had! Will definately stay again when on this route!

Room Tip: No pool...no fitness room...just didn't know how to opt out.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have been to the campground alot and have never had a bad experience. The grounds are beautiful and really well cared for. I really like the new owners, they are really nice and go out of their way to accomodate their guests. This is a great place to take the family or to get away from them. I have stayed in one of the cabins as well as in the campsites. I highly recommend Wolflodge.

Room Tip: Osprey cabin is great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
boulder montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

our family stayed at the wolf lodge over the fourth of july last year in 2011... on our way we blew a tire on our travel trailer... so arrived late..... they helped us get settled in and we had one of the best times we have ever had camping there..... in fact, we returned two more times and plan next summer to go as often as we can..... our friends came from bozeman, montana and our brother from nevada.... he will be bringing his fifth wheel up next summer also... the lake is a very short distance away for putting our boat in the water...we had a super good time and met some very, very nice people including the owners....they did have one family that was pretty noisy and many complaints against them.... they asked them to be quiet. great place to take your family of all ages....bathrooms and showers were clean

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Bremerton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I usually take poor reviews with a grain of salt and decided to make a reservation anyway. We have a 34 ft. trailer and the lady taking our reservation assured us we would fit in the spot she gave us. We even called back a second time to confirm that because of the poor reviews we had read and she reconfirmed that it would be no problem fitting. When we arrived the man in the office said, "And we told you that you would fit in that spot?" I told them that we had asked that question twice and gave him the name of the lady we spoke to (who I believe was standing next to him but remained very quiet). He took us down to that spot, the park is a dusty loop and the creek truly is a ditch that I wouldn't put any part of my body in. We certainly could not have fit in that spot and our door would have opened up to the dusty road about 5 feet away with no picnic table or anything. We ended up at the Coeur d'Alene RV Resort for only a few dollars more and it was fabulous. The office man was a pleasant man but this campground is just not any place I would ever recommend for any price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

After planning a trip from Canada to this area and having made reservations for our trip on July 2, we arrive on a hot August day at Wolf Lodge Campground to find out that they did not have reservations for us for our 5 night stay. Thanks a bunch!! What good does it do to to even try and contact you by long distance and be assured that you had our reservation to get there and have nothing!!!!! Maybe you should learn how to take reservations over the phone!!! Will not be contacting you in the future!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wolf Lodge RV Campground? Share your experiences!