After driving for over 5 hours with three kids, I checked into the hotel only to find out, after moving all of our luggage to a room on the second floor, it did not have the sleeper couch I requested when I made my reservations on line. I called the front desk and the desk clerk said I'll call you right back after I search for a new room; fifteen minutes later, I called back asking what the delay was. She stated she was helping other customers....outrageous! I'm sitting in a hot room with three tired kids, already checked in, and I'm placed at the back of the service line. She found a room with a sleeper and I doubt the sheets had been changed within the last 6 months and the old brown blanket had never been washed....looked like the bed had never been made up; just closed the couch with the one blanket and dirty sheets.
The juice machine does not dispense juice; rather colored water. I don't know how one can screw up a juice machine, but they did. You'd think the person managing the "kitchen" would at the very taste the product. Breakfast is the typical "breakfast included" menu of do-it-yourself waffles, cereal, yogurt and bagels; nothing special, but great for the kids.
The rooms are what you pay for: old style TV's with no ability to use head phones, so both TV's can't be on at the same time if you want to hear your show. The AC is the typical in the wall unit; noisy and ugly. The hotel is old with stained carpets in the rooms and halls. Swimming pools and jacuzzi are acceptable.
The room kitchen if fine for it's intended use. Internet access was fast and easy. The manager was very helpful getting our discount tickets to Silverwood printed up...although the lobby computer had no printer (out of ink and they can't buy ink), so we needed to use her office printer.
Over all, it's the little things that go wrong that people remember.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the premiere, year-round resort area of Northern Idaho is the Shilo Inn Suites- Coeur d'Alene. With 139 spacious suites, it's the ideal place to stay for business travelers or vacationing families. The hotel is convenient to local attractions, the Convention Center and is easy to find, located at Exit 12 off Interstate 90. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur d'Alene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Coeur d`Alene Hotel Coeur d`Alene
- Shilo Inn Suites - Coeur D'Alene Idaho